Pannier bags for e3 Dash?

Jose

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the community, but I've been in lurker mode for a while. I'm a pretty recent owner of an iZip e3 Dash. I'm loving it!

For Christmas, I was happy that I got some Ortlieb pannier bags. But unfortunately they do not fit the Dash's city kit rack :( I'm so bummed. So I'm on the market for new pannier bags. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks,
Jose

Hey Ravi,

The rack of the E3 Dash is too big. The adapters make the clip smaller, which is the opposite of what I want to do : (

Jose

Great bike Jose. I have Racktime doubleit XL panniers on my St2 and love em. Took some adjusting, but mine fit great now. Bikebagshop.com is where I found mine. Lots of other bags on their site. They are real helpfull over the phone, and ship globally.

If I were you, I'd consider changing your rack as opposed to changing the bags. The Ortlieb bags that others have mentioned will last a lifetime, and they're waterproof to boot. IMHO, any rack that won't fit them doesn't truly qualify as a cargo rack., as the Ortlieb bags are absolutely the industry standard, since consumers have such a strong preference for them.

I recommend the Bontrager Backrack Deluxe (Small):

http://www.trekbikes.com

It fits the Ortlieb bags and allows you to mount a trunk bag on top of the rear rack and has a second set of horizontal rails so that you can mount the Ortlieb bag on the lower rail so as to keep the center of gravity lower – rear racks with just one top rail can't often have a trunk bag and pannier bags mounted simultaneously. I've had it on my Dash for quite a while now and it's quite sturdy and has all the standard mounts for taillights, too.

Enjoy the bike, and I hope everything works out okay!

Last edited:
Back