Pace 500 leaky rear brake lever

benchok01

Region
USA
I have a leak at around the rear brake lever near the piston of my Zoom hydraulic system. Lever has no pressure and goes all the way to the handle when compressed. Contacted Aventon support about it. Initial response was they couldn't make out the picture of the leak I sent, so I emailed another. Now I'm not getting any response whatsoever. Bike is a Pace 500 and only had it for six month, which mean it's still under warranty. Looks like Aventon is goo
Brakelever_20220131_200144.jpg
d with taking my money, but not very supportive when it comes to their warranty or customer service. Anyone have any suggestion on what else I can do before I escalate?

I am dealing with that issue myself. I have had the bike at the shop where I purchased it for several weeks now. I have emailed and chatted with experts and they are sending the parts....I think they are ordering the parts one at a time, directly from China. With my experience with Aventon I would never recommend the bike to anyone. I love the bike, but you are screwed if you need anything fixed or need parts.

I was able to order the brake lever from voro motors, a shop that sell scooter parts. My dealer installed it and I'm back up and riding

I was able to order the brake lever from voro motors, a shop that sell scooter parts. My dealer installed it and I'm back up and riding
A complete zoom hyd. brake kit, frt. and back, all inclusive with everything you need is available for about 66.00 on Amazon. Zoom brakes are cheap. If you have one that constantly needs bleeding I just replace it.

A complete zoom hyd. brake kit, frt. and back, all inclusive with everything you need is available for about 66.00 on Amazon. Zoom brakes are cheap. If you have one that constantly needs bleeding I just replace it.
Yep. Amazon will have you a new set up in a day or 2. The tech at the bike shop did say that he was not a big fan of Zoom brakes, but for 50 or 60 bucks it was well worth it...

just had this issue pop-up during an annual tune-up and told them break was soft/squishy, local bike shop couldn't get part since they aren't an aventon dealer but called another one across town and they can get it without issue since they are an aventon dealer and they're happy to put it in, my bike is about 2 years old now with about 2000 miles so not shocked to see minor things like brakes starting to need replacement

I am dealing with that issue myself. I have had the bike at the shop where I purchased it for several weeks now. I have emailed and chatted with experts and they are sending the parts....I think they are ordering the parts one at a time, directly from China. With my experience with Aventon I would never recommend the bike to anyone. I love the bike, but you are screwed if you need anything fixed or need parts.
I have a leak at around the rear brake lever near the piston of my Zoom hydraulic system. Lever has no pressure and goes all the way to the handle when compressed. Contacted Aventon support about it. Initial response was they couldn't make out the picture of the leak I sent, so I emailed another. Now I'm not getting any response whatsoever. Bike is a Pace 500 and only had it for six month, which mean it's still under warranty. Looks like Aventon is gooView attachment 113563d with taking my money, but not very supportive when it comes to their warranty or customer service. Anyone have any suggestion on what else I can do before I escalate?
Hey there, feel free to reach out to us in DM on here so that we can look further into your claim. Thanks!

We're sorry to hear about that! Feel free to DM us so that we can have a look at your claim. Thanks!

I love the bike, but you are screwed if you need anything fixed or need parts.
Same problem I had with my Aventure, that arrived with completely non-functioning brakes. By the time they got around to answering me I'd already given up and grabbed replacements third party.

Kind of like how I ended up eating a battery because of their shite support. They're great at selling things, but they don't support their products at all.

Doesn't help their website and online contact system seems to have been coded by sweetly mentally challenged resus monkeys on crack.

Bike shop just installed tektro brakes on my aventon pace 500 and they seem very nice. They said the zoom brakes aren’t great and recommended the tektro. Out the door for $150 for the rear brake. Front brake works great still! Got two years out of it so not bad.

Back