Outsider

gioflowers

Region
Canada
FULL SPECS - MANUAL
Greetings all. I bought the Outsider on August 30, 2021, I bought the bike with the 750w motor off of the calgaryebikes.com website. It's my first bike and my first ebike ever.
I haven't put a lot of miles on it yet as it is my mistake purchase. Thinking that I would be able to jump on and ride off I found that my legs swung above the ground - the bike didn't fit. I tried riding it around for a bit, but when stopped at a light on a steep hill, I didn't feel safe on the road. I put this bike away until the spring of 2022 when I discover platform boots, and I haven't looked back.

I bought the fenders for the bike, it adds weight, but it's a reasonable tradeoff for me in order to stay clean. I use the bike for work and appointments. The rear fender is short does not help to keep dirt off of the seat and rear tail lights.

I find big off road tires and the exceptionally comfy seat make up for no suspension. I have seen suspension fork for this model online and they are not easy to find. How-ever, the newer models in Europe are now shipping with bmx style of handlebars and suspension fork options.

I have had no issues and I wish there were more reviews on this bike.

Attachments

• P_20211110_115652.jpg
    P_20211110_115652.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
It's been a year since I bought the Outsider and I have only just started to ride it daily within the last month. I wasn't riding often it because my platform boots weren't cutting it. I just bought higher boots and now I feel safe to stop on hills.

Mods:
I will be upgrading to front suspension. The forks are hard to find for this bike but I know they are out there in the UK I think.
Still thinking about it.

Accessories Added:
Front Rack

Condition:
This bike is no longer new as scrapes and scuffs take over the look. The tank is still pristine, thank goodness.
No issues what-so-ever with electronics, battery, motor

The best thing about this bike:
The PA changes on its own! Does this mean that the cadence sensor is not a cadence sensor? I like it a lot.

Last edited:
Greetings all. I bought the Outsider with the 750w motor September 2021. I haven't put a lot of miles on it yet as it is my second ebike.
I am a short rider so this bike is a stretch for me and I have to wear platform boots to touch the ground. I keep my walking boots in my saddlebags.
I bought the fenders for the bike as the area that I live can get muddy. The rear fender does not help to keep dirt off of the seat and rear tail lights.
I find big off road tires and the exceptionally comfy seat make up for the hard bounce.

I have had no issues and I wish there were more reviews on this bike.
That looks like a mini bike. This is more what electric bikes look like. It does not resemble an electric mini bike. No ball buster pack ahead of the saddle too. Weight is low, centered. Rides like a bike. No ghost pedaling. No throttle. Ride with soft comfy shoes.
1661391051637.jpeg

Ah, yes, Michael Blast sells those as well. They are sold out most of the time. You would never see me on one though. You keep to your hobby, I will keep to mine. MOPED style ebikes. Ride on brother. Do you always go around the threads shitting on people's hobbies? Pretty bike, yes, my precious. There now, do your balls feel bigger? Troll 💩 Your head is full of s*it.

Last edited:
YES!! LOVE THOSE BIG BALLS - but you have such a tiny prik for such a big A-Hole!!!

I JUST ORDERED ANOTHER ONE YESTERDAY.
SHE'S IN THE MAIL AND THERE WILL BE ANOTHER MINI BIKE ON THE TRAILS VERY SOOOOON!!

ANOTHER THREAD FOR ANOTHER MINI BIKE STARTED - WHOO HOOO!!
I HAVE FOUR MINI BIKES NOW!
MORE MINI BIKE PURCHASES TO COME. MORE GROUP RIDES!! 🛵

SIDE BAR: CHECK OUT MICHAEL BLAST, SODA.
WHAT BEAUTIFUL LITTLE BIKES WITH OUT OF THIS WORLD COLOURS
AND JUST LOOK AT THOSE BEAUTIFUL TIRES!! 🎡 🤸‍♂️ UYA

MOD: HERE
<*><*>*><*><*><*><*><*><*>*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>
BATTERY CHARGE RECORD

September 25, 2022 - 2 bars battery output 42w. Had to peddle.
<*><*>*><*><*><*><*><*><*>*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>

Repair Stand

Last edited:
One Year Anniversary
I've been using my Outsider to get me to work and back for the last few months - mostly because my other bikes were out of commission. Now that my other bikes are back home, I am sticking with the Outsider for work commutes for a while. It's the lightest bike I own and it's also the easiest to pedal. The entire bike is still at stock. Nothing changed, except I added a Velcro strap lengthwise around the battery to stop it from disengaging on downward hills (bad news). The Outsider is no longer new as scrapes and everyday wear are showing up on the frame, tank, and side panels. Everything is holding up well. I am glad that I didn't sell this ebike when I was trying to sell it. Small is beautiful.

Hydraulic Brakes: Adjusted once in the year.
Battery: No issues
Electrical: Do a speed test to confirm that the odometer reading is correct. I have my doubts.

Nothing to complain about with this ebike during the first year in EXCEPT that brutal sideways thumb throttle. Will change to half twist - I saw the same gorgeous cushioned grip set with a twist throttle option for sale on calgaryebikes.ca. End thumb pain now.

Wish List:
Awesome Accessories from MB
Bring back the spade pedal set (Greaser) - search "petal plates"
Side car
Make suspension forks more accessible for upgrades/mods
MB twist throttle grip set - a must for small hands

Looking Forward
Michael Blast Outsider may have a new look in the near future. I think that there may be some great new colours showing up soon on this model. I posted a question about it, and I think that the response was to watch for the new look next season.

Last edited:
Outsider Hydraulic Brakes: Taiwan Star Union Hydraulic (180 mm Front/160 mm Rear) with motor cut off function.
Reached out via email for info on a twist throttle.

Last edited:
Question to Calgary Ebikes via email: Will the Greaser Twist Throttle fit the Outsider?
Response from Calgary Ebikes: The Greaser twist throttle will fit the Outsider, but it will have to be mounted on the Left side as the shifter will be in the way on the Right.

20220903_143454.jpg

Regarding the front rack: I tried using the rack as is without a solid bottom but stuff inevitably bounces around, shakes through, and can cause a hazard. I later found that my extra small, personal sized pizza order fits perfectly. So I cut the top and bottom of a pizza box to make a rack bottom. I coated the pieces together with tape. I then punctured holes through the cardboard and zip tied it to the rack. It's a rough fix and replacing with a fresh board won't be an issue.

Regarding the rear view mirror: The small round end-of-handlebar mirrors worked great for a long time until the great bike spill at the grocery. This is when the bike got knocked down and both mirrors were knocked out. The spill was a mighty one and caused the bike to bounce once. The left mirror did not make it and was tossed into the bin. The right mirror survived with some scratches. I replaced the left mirror with the right for a little while. Until it came loose while I was riding and it flew itself onto the street and then it bounced a few times followed by it being run over twice by a double dump truck. This is the one in the picture. It's cracked but I could still see the distance. I recently tossed this one though and replaced it with a not era specific end-of-handlebar mirror that I bought off of Voltbike's website. It's large. It's good.

Battery Charge: Read out - one Bar & 41w - little to no juice. Don't let the battery get to one bar or down to 40w if still out and about. You'll walk home. Will attempt to maintain a battery charging record (above) - I am not god with maintaining a battery charging record though.

Last edited:
The new Outsider models are shipping with bmx style handlebars and with suspension forks.
The Outsider name now has an "S" after it, likely to draw attention to the Suspension.
The yellow tank now has one black and two blue strips in the design.
I don't see the spade pedals coming back yet - I want these pedals for a different bike.
I also want an Outsider seat in black for another bike. Nice quality s*it.
I love the Vacay. So slick, so classic without even trying.
That Soda has a new edition to choose from with the only difference that I can see is that the Pro version has greater engine torque. Interesting!

SODA
SPEED25 kph
AUTONOMY45 to 60 kms depending on the driving mode
ENGINEBAFANG 250 Watts Brushless Gear Hub
BATTERYLithium Ion 48V 13 Ah
CHARGING TIME4 to 5 hours
FRAMEA6061 Aluminum frame
BRAKINGHydraulic disc (180 mm front/160 mm rear)
WHEELS20"X 4.00
SADDLE HEIGHT80 cm
WEIGHT CAPACITY118 kg
PRODUCT WEIGHT26 KG
CERTIFICATIONEN15194
ENGINE TORQUE50 N.m

SODA PRO
SPEED25 kph
AUTONOMY45 to 60 kms depending on the driving mode
ENGINEBAFANG 250 Watts Brushless Gear Hub
BATTERYLithium Ion 48V 13 Ah
CHARGING TIME4 to 5 hours
FRAMEA6061 Aluminum frame
BRAKINGHydraulic disc (180 mm front/160 mm rear)
WHEELS20"X 4.00
SADDLE HEIGHT80 cm
WEIGHT CAPACITY118 kg
PRODUCT WEIGHT26 KG
CERTIFICATIONEN15194
ENGINE TORQUE65 N.m

Custom eBike
Battery Care

Last edited:
Back