Outfitting the Dash E3 (minimum)

They must be good if a used one is normally worth the chance...I guess that's all I need to know about the quality.

...I don't see 700/45 on their site.

Yes, 700X 32 not 700X45 and they weigh a LOT more than marathon plus but the advantage of never getting a flat will outweigh small weight concern and moreover weight is never an issue on e-bike.

Actually, today I called up my dealer and asked him if the rims on my bike can withstand Hutchinson and they confirmed yes.

Weight of tires is a serious issue to some and at more than 4 lbs/tire.....................
Hutchinson serenity weighs at 1.8kg/per tire and this is what it looks like inside:

seren18.jpg

My bike Neo 650b Jumper has Alexrims and they are specifically made for ebikes. Just make sure your rims can withstand the weight.

Whoops, I didn't even pay attention to the price.
I was too fascinated with the video with the tires looking so space age like.
Perhaps the Hutchinson serenity tires are the best way to go.
Sometimes it's just fun being the skeptic.
I hope someone gets the Hutchinson serenity tires and posts back a review.
I certainly wouldn't mind having tires that won't go flat and at the same time don't ride like a flat tire.

Yes, 700X 32 not 700X45 and they weigh a LOT more than marathon plus but the advantage of never getting a flat will outweigh small weight concern and moreover weight is never an issue on e-bike.
Actually, today I called up my dealer and asked him if the rims on my bike can withstand Hutchinson and they confirmed yes.
I suppose that I need to start learning just how much 'tolerance' there is between these different sizes and what works (acceptably) best on the Dash.

Whoops, I didn't even pay attention to the price.
I was too fascinated with the video with the tires looking so space age like.
Perhaps the Hutchinson serenity tires are the best way to go.
Sometimes it's just fun being the skeptic.
I hope someone gets the Hutchinson serenity tires and posts back a review.
I certainly wouldn't mind having tires that won't go flat and at the same time don't ride like a flat tire.

I am slightly disappointed at myself for not being careful because I just ordered a Schwalbe Smart Sam Plus but today I noticed that Hutchinson has released Taipan, which is perfect for 650B wheels.
It is lighter than Schwalbe Marathon Plus at only 700g and its doesn't induce that flat tire feeling.
I would have ordered these for myself :(

Here is a video:

Few pictures.

http://www.mtb-check.com/new-hutchinson-taipan/

Link for purchase: https://www.alltricks.com

Last edited:
Slightly off-topic..but for those who plan to assemble their Dash out of the box (themselves); this is what I found:
reflectors front/back
axle nut
maybe a 10" long rod/lever/spring/seat type thing
battery (still don't have)
charger
...that's it (pedals screw on).

I'd like to know if I'm missing something as somebody elsewho knows what in the heck they're doing will show me how it should be set up (they've never done one either and I don't want to short them a part).

Beautiful little machine (I was expecting bigger); packed nicely; finish seems good; like the tires (wider than expected); really happy with the price paid and how it looks/feels initially.

Last edited:
I was tracking the separately shipped (USPS) battery to my state...thought everything was fine...looked this morning...and it was well on its way back to the sender (no explanation given by USPS; they simply took it back and tried again). Keep in mind that this is their (our) 2nd Day Priority service...6 days round trip.
If anybody can add to the (open box) items listed above it would be much appreciated (I am only missing one axle nut and can obviously live with that).
By the way and to get back on topic...I went with the Marathon Plus tires; Scwalbe AV-19 tubes w/RideOn sealant; Super Tourist rack w/spring; Planet Bike Turbo rear light; held off on the panniers; can't source a decent seat mount (at the moment) save the Thudbuster; received a refund on the light today (obsolete).

I wonder why the battery shipped separately???

And I wonder why it got sent back???

On topic, nice customization set!

:)

Most every freight shipped item that I've ever dealt with or sold is not available with the battery. I wanted it shipped Next Day Air when USPS couldn't even track their own priority package for 6 days straight...then was reminded that batteries can't go air either.

As far as my accessories?...every single one of them was copied from the good people on this forum (thank you all and keep the ideas coming).

The DOT limits Lithium Ion batteries to under 300 watt hours on flights. I don't know if this carries over to UPS and similar operations, but it may explain why they are shipped separately.

That's good to know. Not sure how they're shipping it 2nd day priority (even though we're relatively close to each other) if other shipping/destination points clear across the country from each other would (one would think) require air travel to make such a promise happen..yet I don't frankly care at this point given the circumstance.;)
(Edit: I guess I 'do' care as I looked up 'mailability'..):
  1. The lithium content must not exceed 20 Wh (Watt-hour rating) per cell.
  2. The total aggregate lithium content must not exceed 100 Wh per battery.
  3. No more than 3 batteries
Sorry to go off-topic...yet now I'm wondering whether the above applies or not...

Very puzzling. I have bought two bikes and both of them came in with the battery ( 432Wh and 324Wh). Was it drop-shipped from Currie or sent by the dealer?

Hope your assembly goes well and this weekend = lots of fun+ long rides.

Back