Outdoor Test Track For Interbike Reno Just Announced

EBE

While Interbike is expressly for the bicycle industry and trade, the move to Reno creates a different backdrop for the annual event. The announcement that the Bosch Sponsored Open Air District, which includes the Circuit Test Track is coming was just published by Bicycle Retailer. The same group producing the new eMTB Experience and the EnduroCross eMTB Challenge race series (Electric Bike Events) will set up and manage the outdoor pavilion, which in addition to the exhibitors, will have a food court and a shaded canopy area. The fenced course will be over 1600 linear feet in length and will have the usual hill and terrain lane to test all types of bikes (electric-assist and traditional). Show management is planning a hosted happy hour to kick off the new area from 5-6pm on Wednesday, September 19th with free beer!

They could be handing out free bikes at the end of the track too, but would help very few on this forum.

Rich,
I understand that this is more of a consumer/end user forum, but you would be surprised how many members of the industry and retail shop owner community follow what is posted here.

They could be handing out free bikes at the end of the track too, but would help very few on this forum.

Giving people in the trade a chance to test ebikes side to side with regular will hopefully have flow down benefits for the consumers. I know the dealer who sold me my bike had never ridden an emtb in anger until he took mine to the local mtb park, and now there is a row of ebikes on his shop floor.

The Outerbike event is great, and it draws the real consumer enthusiasts. For people to make the trip to beautiful CB, this is not a day trip and requires some planning and commitment. As you stated at the beginning of your comment, this is for the dealers while attending the industry event Interbike Market Week. Unlimited test rides would be impracticable through the streets of Reno and in most cases, the attendees have only short windows of opportunity to ride anything given the limited time they have on the show floor to meet with all the product suppliers.

In the past, the Las Vegas events held an indoor test track, primarily for electric-assist bikes. There were thousands of attendees that came through the gates here and there were more than 6000 recorded test rides! This addition outdoors in Reno will have more exhibitors and riders will be able to try not only electric-assist but traditional bikes as well. The controlled space is designed to add security and become a useful extension for the trade show.

Too bad, no E-bike Expo this year. Must not have generated enough sales for the sponsors. I went to the Chicago event last year. It was a great hands-on event for anyone not familiar with ebikes, but was lightly attended in my opinion. Should have been lines for the demo rides, but they weren't. Good for me as a test rider, but no the industry.

Back