Orbea Gain M30 which off road tyres to use?

arao99

Hi I am new to this forum and have had my bike for two weeks , I just love the way it rides on the road . It has Mavic Aksium Elite wheels with Mavic Yksion 28c road tyres with tubes that are a little narrower than GP4000 28c but seam ok on the tarmac. I would like some wider tyres to ride canal paths and light gravel tracks , does anyone have any suggestions please. I have been looking at Schwalbe G-One .

I put a set of 32mm G-One's on my Specialized Diverge when they first became available. I really liked the ride, but after only 3500km the rear tire literally came apart. Because I have fenders I didn't notice how worn the tire was until I took off the wheel for some maintenance work.
Nice tire, but I replaced them with another brand.

Photo below shows the wear on the rear tire. The front looked fine.

I put a set of 32mm G-One's on my Specialized Diverge when they first became available. I really liked the ride, but after only 3500km the rear tire literally came apart. Because I have fenders I didn't notice how worn the tire was until I took off the wheel for some maintenance work.
Nice tire, but I replaced them with another brand.

Photo below shows the wear on the rear tire. The front looked fine.

Thanks for your reply wow I have never seen a tyre so badly damaged has it been used on fire roads or just tarmac . I have put 35mm G-one's on now, got them at a great price so will just have to see how they stand up ,I will report back.

Got these coming from Germany in next few days

Looking forward to some gravel on my new Gain M20i LTD

These are the XL size 40mm UST baby!

e-head

Attachments

• IMG_6894-2.jpg
    IMG_6894-2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 568
Has anyone tried putting on size700 x 40 on the d20-30 or m20-30? Can you share your thoughts or any issues you encountered?

Op, how wide are your rims? I find a 40c works best paired with a 25mm internal width. Too narrow a rim and the tire is bulb like and will feel squirmy in the turns. Also a higher chance of pinch flats if running tubes.

Are you going to set up tubeless (UST) and are your current rims tubeless ready if so.

It is the one that comes on this bike which is Black Jack READY GR 29-700 C size is 622 X 21C. It is tubeless capable but i am not planning to go tubeless. The bike spec says max is 40c but i wanted to see if anyone is replacing their 28 with 40

Got these coming from Germany in next few days

Looking forward to some gravel on my new Gain M20i LTD

These are the XL size 40mm UST baby!

e-head
Hi Bobak how are you finding these tyres, my G ones give a great comfort ride they are now showing signs of ware after 500 miles on and off road.

Back