Orbea Gain E-Road Bike

I've been curious on how to get my Gain on the Sirius H3 which is similar to your Kickr. What thru axle did you end up finding to work for it? Thanks for the info @MikeC89
@MrOrbea The Gain doesn't have a thru axle in the rear since it has the u-shaped dropouts used for quick release axles. The Kickr supplies both a thru axle and quick release skewer, you have to use the quick release skewer to attach the Gain to the Kickr, a thru axle won't work because of your style dropouts. The Saris H3 should be the same and give you either option, you'd need to use the quick release skewer and any spacers to get the proper width since not all bikes are the same (it should come with the spacers as well.) Hope that helps.

@MrOrbea The Gain doesn't have a thru axle in the rear since it has the u-shaped dropouts used for quick release axles. The Kickr supplies both a thru axle and quick release skewer, you have to use the quick release skewer to attach the Gain to the Kickr, a thru axle won't work because of your style dropouts. The Saris H3 should be the same and give you either option, you'd need to use the quick release skewer and any spacers to get the proper width since not all bikes are the same (it should come with the spacers as well.) Hope that helps.
Thanks for that info, but I still don't understand how a skewer would work since the Gain sits on a 10mm diameter u-shaped axle like you said. Does your frame rest on the spacers then? It seems to me there would be a lost amount of space with a thin skewer. Thanks for any help or pictures you can provide.

Thanks for that info, but I still don't understand how a skewer would work since the Gain sits on a 10mm diameter u-shaped axle like you said. Does your frame rest on the spacers then? It seems to me there would be a lost amount of space with a thin skewer. Thanks for any help or pictures you can provide.
Exactly, the frame drops onto the spacer (adapter). See pics, for the Kickr you flip the adapter on the non-cassette side to the correct configuration to allow for the Gain axle spacing
IMG-2590.jpg
IMG-2587.jpg
IMG-2588.jpg

Thanks a ton that definitely makes sense! Unfortunately Saris doesn't have this option, I'll see if I can order the skewer and spacer kit from Wahoo. Take care!

Back