Orbea Display at same time as handebar iWoc?

eleclogic

Region
United Kingdom
I have a Orbea Vibe H10. I 100% need my phone mounted permanently and ideally don't really want to have to have another device on the bars, but I like to see the current assist level indicator/battery charge percentage, I also want to run my mapping app on my phone. The Mahle app works fine for my needs, but can't use it at the same time as my mapping app. I see Orbea sell a small display (second hand for approx £70) which seems to show everything I need, as as a last resort, this is an option.

- Is the Orbea display a quick release?
- Does this work at the same time as the handebar iWoc assist change buttons?
- Any other cables to purchase to get this working? Or does it just work of a small battery and use the Ant+ stuff?
- Any other advantages/disadvantages compared to the PulsarOne?

NOTE - I do not want to purchase a Garmin unit, I just need a very basic display as my phone needs to be permanently mounted and I prefer the mapping. Ideally, I want to use my phone for Komoot/Strava etc but somehow also see the percentage/assist level at the same time, that would be perfect, but I don't think there is anything that can do this via an Android app? I have managed to get them both working using the multi window function of my Android Device, but the mapping then becomes a bit too small and the Mahle app isn't that responsive so doesn't render well when shrunk down.

Thanks

Last edited:
Is it this unit? https://www.orbea.com/gb-en/gear/accessories/cat/display-oc-ant--lev

I’ve just got a 2022 Gain D40 with this unit. It is a quick release, insert and turn a 1/4 turn to click in. I believe it’s the same fitting as Garmin units.

I’m not sure if what you want to do is possible within the same phone app. However I believe it’s possible on ANT+ compatible cycle computers like the Garmins. The ebike appears as a sensor (cadence, power meters etc) and you can configure many different data screens with assist, battery etc combined with mapping, or climb profiles, plus the usual speed, distance etc. I’ve just ordered a Garmin Edge 530 in a Black Friday sale. I’m hoping it’s as flexible as I think it is. Have a read of this https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/04/garmin-edge-530-cycling-gps-in-depth-review.html

I don’t really want to use a phone for mapping etc on the bars because of battery life and weatherproofing. The 530 allegedly has 20 hr battery life with live mapping, data capture etc all running together with screen on.

I have a Orbea Vibe H10. I 100% need my phone mounted permanently and ideally don't really want to have to have another device on the bars, but I like to see the current assist level indicator/battery charge percentage, I also want to run my mapping app on my phone. The Mahle app works fine for my needs, but can't use it at the same time as my mapping app. I see Orbea sell a small display (second hand for approx £70) which seems to show everything I need, as as a last resort, this is an option.

- Is the Orbea display a quick release?
- Does this work at the same time as the handebar iWoc assist change buttons?
- Any other cables to purchase to get this working? Or does it just work of a small battery and use the Ant+ stuff?
- Any other advantages/disadvantages compared to the PulsarOne?

NOTE - I do not want to purchase a Garmin unit, I just need a very basic display as my phone needs to be permanently mounted and I prefer the mapping. Ideally, I want to use my phone for Komoot/Strava etc but somehow also see the percentage/assist level at the same time, that would be perfect, but I don't think there is anything that can do this via an Android app? I have managed to get them both working using the multi window function of my Android Device, but the mapping then becomes a bit too small and the Mahle app isn't that responsive so doesn't render well when shrunk down.

Thanks
It is a hub-drive for $3700! 248Ah and 248W that can be ghost pedaled to 15.3 Mph for like 12.5 miles. Ditch it, SELL and the phone. Get a real bike and use your situational awareness to navigate, such a where is the sun now. Focus on the phone will lead to a crash. The motor is not even driven thru the gears, it is a one speed dud that cannot sustain a climb. And it is all proprietary without the Right to Repair. Just ask @tomjasz, he knows bikes. Or @M@Roberson.

It is a hub-drive for $3700! 248Ah and 248W that can be ghost pedaled to 15.3 Mph for like 12.5 miles. Ditch it, SELL and the phone. Get a real bike and use your situational awareness to navigate, such a where is the sun now. Focus on the phone will lead to a crash. The motor is not even driven thru the gears, it is a one speed dud that cannot sustain a climb. And it is all proprietary without the Right to Repair. Just ask @tomjasz, he knows bikes. Or @M@Roberson.
It’s a bicycle with the legal max assistance in the UK, 15.5mph (usually 15.8 due to the legal margin). It’s also a very light ebike that feels like a “real bike” ie a manual one. The battery plus motor weighs 3.6kg together.

Navigate by the sun? 😂 I guess you’ve never been to the UK? We had a sunny day about 2 weeks ago! It’s been so grey you couldn’t tell which area of the sky the sun might be hiding behind.

The ebikemotion motor can't sustain a steep climb on it's own but it's not designed to. It's designed to assist the rider who has to put in some effort themselves.
Different strokes for different folks.

For me I like manual bikes and pedalling. I just wanted some help on the hills and in strong headwinds, so I can ride further. And as I live on the top of a hill it's a nicer commute home. The Gain meets my needs really well. When riding it feels like you haven't actually got a motor but instead you seem to have acquired Tom Pidcock's legs! I may well get another ebike, a crank drive would be interesting to compare, but not really interested in those fat tyred 50lb monsters which over here can still only assist up to 15.5. If I wanted something like that I'd just get a motorcycle.

In any case this is the Orbea forum and the OP wanted some advice about their Orbea and its display, so "it's crap sell it" isn't very helpful.

Uma, I respectfully ask you to not speak about European or UK matters before you come here and get some life :)
I guess you’ve never been to the UK?
He has never left the other side of the pond, and has no clue how we think here :)
Guys, are the Orbea e-bikes you are talking about truly ANT+ compatible? Because I think the x35 has no power or cadence meters, so the Battery Level % and Assistance Mode are the only parameters you can get from your e-bike, meseems.

I believe they are fully ANT+ compatible in protocol terms but aren't equipped with power or cadence sensors. They do speed, battery level, odometer, assist level, system errors. It's only the Gain since 2020 model that is compatible. I don't know about the Vibe

Back