Orange Seal tire sealant works

On Amazon, the question re: use on a mountain bike was answered by the mfgr:
1632240891669.png

So I called the above number and spoke to Kelly from the technical team. He said it can be used on a fat tire but would not recommend it on my tires, 26x2.15, due to the fact that it is quite viscous. On a fat tire, he recommended adding a tiny bit of automobile anti-freeze to thin the product. For my size tires, he recommended Tube Armor which he stated is their product specifically formulated for bikes and is marketed by White Lightening.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that nearly all of these solutions (I still use slime, but this is true of most of them) are water-soluble. This allows for easy cleanup. However, it also means that some of your small leaks may return when riding in heavy rain.

. . . the moral to this, like it was mentioned above, these are great for limping home. But, at some point, you still need to pull the tube and put a real patch on it. This is particularly true for commuters, who may be riding in wet conditions.
I used to do this when I was using Slime. It plugged the holes 'enough' to make the bike still usable for its daily duties. But the holes often weeped a bit, and I regularly set aside a lazy Saturday to go on a patch patrol in the garage.

I discovered FlatOut dries to a hard nub. My tubeless tires that have holed (nails and goatheads) have been permanent fixes that I have not examined internally. But I have seen the holey tubes and FlatOut dries on exit, so fat. Tire interior is nothing like the gooey mess it was with Slime.

On Amazon, the question re: use on a mountain bike was answered by the mfgr:
View attachment 100691
So I called the above number and spoke to Kelly from the technical team. He said it can be used on a fat tire but would not recommend it on my tires, 26x2.15, due to the fact that it is quite viscous. On a fat tire, he recommended adding a tiny bit of automobile anti-freeze to thin the product. For my size tires, he recommended Tube Armor which he stated is their product specifically formulated for bikes and is marketed by White Lightening.
Unless things have changed, that product has had mediocre reviews at best. Still only 3 1/2 stars on Amazon so looks like nothing has changed. I think not cannibalizing/destroying the sales of this product is the reason FlatOut is not sold into the bicycle market.

I finally tried the Sportsman formula after hearing Sondors owners rave about it until I was sick of listening and just as interested in proving them wrong as the raves were too good to be true. Now I'm driving everyone nuts saying over and over how awesome it is. I consider it Slime 2.0. Slime probably could have evolved and improved over time, but they never did. This shows us the technology has indeed advanced in the last few decades.

Back