OK, Allant owners, what is this stay for?

Dallant

Region
USA
I’m cleaning my Allant+7 (since it’s raining today) and came across this stay on the underside of the rear frame tube. Not sure what it’s for. Thoughts?
CF62782A-5291-46FE-9828-DC76EBC49985.jpeg

Cafe lock mount? Is there one on the other side of the bike?
Bingo! I just got off the phone with Trek and (after quite some time on hold) they came back and said they were for a “Dutch-style lock”. Yes, there is a matching one on the other side. This is what I assume it looks like, but your picture looks even more correct.
4073E49D-3F99-475A-AE04-4F4BC34C046C.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, those braze-ons are for a cafe lock.

I had considered adding one at one point, but ended up going with a different locking strategy.

Be aware: the tires and fender on the Allant are pretty large, so you might run into a situation where some (or possibly all??) cafe locks might not work directly out of the box.

For example, I noticed that the person in the following video (I think he may be an EBR forum member) had to modify his cafe lock in order for it to fit on his Allant+8S:

Yes, those braze-ons are for a cafe lock.

I had considered adding one at one point, but ended up going with a different locking strategy.

Be aware: the tires and fender on the Allant are pretty large, so you might run into a situation where some (or possibly all??) cafe locks might not work directly out of the box.

For example, I noticed that the person in the following video (I think he may be an EBR forum member) had to modify his cafe lock in order for it to fit on his Allant+8S:
Yeah I noticed they seem to be more for 2.5” or smaller tires.
FWIW, I really hadn't considered buying this kind of lock. I didn’t even know what the stays were for this morning! 😳

Back