Ohio to Erie trail on ebike

I'm working on it.... The lazy, 6 workday a week style. All of the towpath through Fredericksburg. Next year's vacation will get Cincinnati. And eating away at the area in-between when I can.

What are you trying to figure out?

Have you checked out the web page? https://www.ohiotoerietrail.org/

Maps can be downloaded there also, or order printed guide books.

A good portion is on rail-to-trails and community bike paths, and the rest is on roads. Roads that I have been on have road signs for the trail.

Map downloads are for RideWithGPS, but using the free version of that you can transfer the maps anywhere (Garmin, karoo, etc)

Thanks! I thought it went from Ohio to Erie, PA 🤣! Grew up in NE OH - Geauga County - and am always looking for possible rides for visits back there.

Thanks! I thought it went from Ohio to Erie, PA 🤣! Grew up in NE OH - Geauga County - and am always looking for possible rides for visits back there.
Nope goes from downtown Cleveland on the Ohio/Erie canal to Cincinnati.

Although you guys do have a nice paved bike trail up in geauga county. And you can always check out alltrails and filter it for bike rides and even paved if you want that to find more good bike trails

Last edited:
Can you provide more info on the trail, please?
sure, the part of the trail i know the most is Cincinnati Ohio to London Ohio, don't really need to bring much food and drink on this part of the trail, when in season there are bathrooms and water about every 10 miles or so
start of the trail you will have to ride on the road on a shared path until you get to the air port, it's only part you'll have to ride on the road for about 80 miles headed north

I have ridden the entire length of the Ohio to Erie before but never all on one shot. I live 26 miles by rural road north of Fredericksburg and 12 miles west of the trail from Barberton.
Once a year of so I ride from my home to a friends home in SE Columbus and do the 133 miles in one day each way. There are many great charging point along the trail.
I often use the Erie to Ohio trail to travel to other trails instead of using a shuttle vehicle. I love parts of the Buckeye Trail Bicycle Route and make a round trip of it from my home. The furthest south I go to pick up the route from the Ohio to Erie trail is Milford, just NE of Cincinnati.

bridge is out on the alum creek trail by the easton town center
still construction at the old cartridge factory around the 25 mile marker on the little maimi trial, it's passable, just please be respectful of the construction workers, some don't
bridge in loveland will be replaced soon

one more bridge is out, corwin road bridge, just on the 16.5 mile marker, no time table for replacement
This has been one of my pet peeves with these trails. A lot of money is spent on building them but little is put aside for maintenance.

Some are better managed than others but whether it's due to natural disaster or normal wear and tear, repairs are low priority and seem to take forever.

Isn't that the truth with infrastructure throughout the United States? People don't consider what the maintenance costs and upkeeps is going be. And then the same people that voted the tax levies to build it, won't vote the tax levies to keep it up

Last edited:
That was the Nation's first interstate highway system, by canal. It ended down the Hudson in NYC and that is one reason it became a hub of shipping, manufacturing and commerce. It is great that the Erie system can now be ridden by bike.

the corwin bridge is open but does have metal plate on it
Loveland bridge will be closed on October 2nd until may 24th, 2024 :(

Back