off topic, mostly

mschwett

Region
USA
i picked up my first just-a-bike in 25+ years today. keeping it in the specialized “unfinished” carbon family….

50A31EE0-B332-4276-AF94-49F731FDEFAD.jpeg

my creo SL, with 6,000 miles in almost a year, is still very much loved and staying in the stable… but she MIGHT wear the gravel tires full time now, and maybe even get some fenders!!

i picked up my first just-a-bike in 25+ years today. keeping it in the specialized “unfinished” carbon family….

View attachment 116246

my creo SL, with 6,000 miles in almost a year, is still very much loved and staying in the stable… but she MIGHT wear the gravel tires full time now, and maybe even get some fenders!!
Congratulations. I'm very impressed when someone manages to use an ebike to transition back to a manual road bike. I think there have only been two or three others do it in the couple years I've been on this forum. Not for me ever again.

Understated elegance...that is tempting. I have a 2014 Roubaix with upgraded drivetrain. It is not the lightest by today's standards but I just revel in how nimble it feels after getting off the Creo. It feels like I'm warming up in the batter's circle and just pulled off the weighted fungo ring particularly when pedaling out from a cold stop.

Congratulations. I'm very impressed when someone manages to use an ebike to transition back to a manual road bike. I think there have only been two or three others do it in the couple years I've been on this forum. Not for me ever again.
My Bianchi Aria E-Road bike helped me transition back to my mountain bike and tandem after two knee replacements. My old road bike is gathering dust though.

Congratulations to you as well. I never rode a tandem, but I believe it would be harder than a good road bike.

@mschwett: First of all, congratulations! Probably the most lightweight road bike, so lightweight it is not allowed for taking part in races? Modest, beautiful look!
You used to mention you were going for that just-a-bike. For me, that was a natural consequence of your long, steep, unpowered Creo rides!

What I am envious about is your perfect shape -- something I will never achieve for health reasons. Oh my! If I were healthy... I'd just buy a Diverge...

@mschwett: First of all, congratulations! Probably the most lightweight road bike, so lightweight it is not allowed for taking part in races? Modest, beautiful look!
You used to mention you were going for that just-a-bike. For me, that was a natural consequence of your long, steep, unpowered Creo rides!

What I am envious about is your perfect shape -- something I will never achieve for health reasons. Oh my! If I were healthy... I'd just buy a Diverge...

far from perfect... but eBikes have really helped me determine what the limits are, and improve just a bit.

View attachment 116246

Beautiful bike! Is it the Specialized Aethos Expert?

Back