Nyon availability in US

I have no knowledge one way or the other but seems like if they were going to they would have done so by now. It was my assumption that once they bought COBI that is the direction they were going. That said, I would be very unhappy without my Nyon......

My Nyon works fine in the US. I have no issues at all. They seem to be abandoning the Nyon and heading in a different direction all together with the likes of Kiox which is smaller.

Attachments

• EB887CB7-221D-4FB0-81F4-D4DA33F56CB6.jpeg
    EB887CB7-221D-4FB0-81F4-D4DA33F56CB6.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 405
I just got a response from Bosch USA and they stated the Nyon is not available and have no plans to make it available. I just don't get why that is the case.

I just got a response from Bosch USA and they stated the Nyon is not available and have no plans to make it available. I just don't get why that is the case.
Yeah, it is a shame. I am really glad I added the Nyon because I enjoy the extra functions and data it gives me. Just having the battery percentage instead of the 5 bar graphic makes the upgrade worthwhile IMO. I also like the way it displays and tracks cadence, elevation changes, assist levels used, and the ratio of human power to motor power on a given ride. If my LBS ever gives me any grief about the Nyon when I take the bike in for service, it would be easy to swap Intuvia back in.

Could not live without the Nyon--so much so that I bought a backup unit on eBay in case mine ever konks out. For me the custom assist modes change everything about riding my ebike. And I did it all in conjunction with my LBS so no problems there!

Kiox reproduces Nyon’s functionality, albeit over more screens. Then there’s the smartphone (COBI) option. So this makes four options with Intuvia and Purion. Makes little sense to manage a fifth so similar to Kiox.

Nyon uses the Intuvia mount. There are users who are experiencing shutdown problems with this system — cause unknown. I use a Nyon and have experienced the shutdown, although it’s never been chronic. If related to the Intuvia hardware, I can see why Bosch would not be inclined to extend the user base on what is now essentially a legacy system by making Nyon available.

Finally, we often get told we can’t have nice things in the US market.

Does the Kiox allow creation of custom assist curves?

I believe Kiox is a work-in-progress, so today, no, but I’d ask them directly if support for the custom riding modes will be added. If the app sold well with the Nyon, I’d guess the support will ultimately be there,

Back