NOOB Question - Bontrager Lync lighting system Allant+ 8S - how to switch to flashing mode?

Lowndes

Sorry if this has been covered. My Allant+ 8S's lighting system (front and back) started flashing today and continued for a couple minutes before resorting back to steady light in front and mild pulsing in the rear. I didn't even know it had that mode, and I couldn't duplicate it. I'll blame my ignorance on something to do with lack of documentation ;)

Has anyone discovered how to switch lighting modes on the bike? I would like to strobe the light in the day or at dusk and move to steady for night.

It should be automatic. There is a light sensor (somewhere) on the tail light. On my Domane+ I can get the flashing to start by shining a bright light at the tail light (which is under the seat). During riding, it consistently starts flashing with the sun low(ish) and behind me. If the sun is high, or not shining from behind, it goes solid. I'm not sure why it was designed this way, but I can tell you at least my result are somewhat consistent.

This solved my mystery. The sensor is in the tail light! No wonder I couldn’t replicate it.

have you found the sensor? i tried to put a bright LED up to the rear light and it wasn't blinking at all.

i shined a bright flashlight directly into the twilight and it trigger my lights to flash. After removing it, the flashing stopped. I was able to repeat this several times so I’m inclined to believe this is the design. I wish the manuals covered this. More importantly, I hope a future firmware update allows riders to turn the flashing function on at will.

i shined a bright flashlight directly into the twilight and it trigger my lights to flash. After removing it, the flashing stopped. I was able to repeat this several times so I’m inclined to believe this is the design. I wish the manuals covered this. More importantly, I hope a future firmware update allows riders to turn the flashing function on at will.

ahh i got it to work, it wouldnt work with my white LED flashlight, but i had a yellowish headlamp light i use in the garage for working on the bike and it started blinking. Really did wish they gave us the option to turn that blinking on and off.

Back