Non Juiced brand battery purchase

I found this case on alibaba. i contacted the rep and asked if this would work for juiced bike? i gave her the spec for juiced battery. Here what she told me:

"hello,after check it,we don't have this kinds of battery case"

"it is Juiced bike's private case,they applied for a patent of it."
Interesting. Firstly, a patent in China is almost laughable. I can instantly name a half dozen breaches of that concept. But the maker did pull availability. But as soon as someone offers enough and meets an MOQ, that will fall away. I still don't buy Juiced has enough "juice" to lock up the design. But since the MOQ for a battery using that case is well beyond my means, it remains almost true. Only a few days ago an"exclusive frame" "designed by <redacted>" has had the source revealed and an acquaintance has sourced the frame. Very cool fella and attorney of note cracked it. Not even an industry insider. IME China is all about money NOW. Little regard for the future. Money talks and rules melt.

Just thought I would update this forum with this generic battery adapter someone is selling on ebay to allow generic batteries (XT60 connector) to be used on the Juiced RCS and others. I'm working on a similar cable the plugs into the battery connector, but this one is permanently wired in (connected via splitter added to internal XT60 connector) so one has to be careful not to have both batteries connected or ON at the same time.
Juiced bikes DIY dual battery ebike kit for RipCurrent S CrossCurrent

Definitely not a solution for everyone, but in a pinch you could do this, or even just make your own kit as it's pretty straight forward.

"I think a credit card fee, added to the order. I think it was around $9.00 on the Dolphin battery I ordered"

Do you mean a foreign transaction fee? If you see yourself ordering a lot of things or any high-dollar items overseas you may want to take a look at a credit card with no foreign transaction fees. We have an American Express that has no annual fee that we use exclusively for everything we do in Europe - plane tickets, hotels, rental cars, etc. I think on our last trip to the UK it saved us over $500 in transaction fees. The only caveat is the one we have has to be paid off each month - which I see as a perk rather than a detriment.

I'll add my favorite pre-paid (anyone can use in the US) un-banking tool also by AMEX that avoids foreign fees! I use mine to firewall my actual bank cards and to make low trust transactions plus instantly move up to $200 a day from any other bank card. Get one online free or in a Walmart for $5 Get your free card here: https://secure.bluebird.com/Signup?linknav=us-Prepaid-Bluebird-Home-Bigpitch-Registernow
Here is a comprehensive review.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just got my CCS the other day. Everything has been great so far, but the battery leave something to be desired, and buying battery upgrade from Juiced is way too expensive. I've been searching for a while and only come across a 48v 17.5ah (samsung batteries) for ~$400 from alibaba that fits the bike (440mm requirement). The only other one that I found is this 52V 17.5ah: https://ebikemarketplace.com/collections/52v-batteries/products/dorado-max-ebike-battery-1

There's no review on this and I was wondering if anyone purchased one and if it fits / work with the bike?
I bought a 48v 14 amp hour from AliExpress it works fine

Would this replacement (Reention Dorado 440mm mentioned above) work on the regular Scorpion (52v, 13 ah I think) as well?
The tale is in the MM measurement. Be careful. those posted aliexpress lowball sellers make no mention of the cell series or maker. 3 positive rating in 3 months isn't encouraging. Some fellas are google masters but lack the real experience with low ball cells and pack builders. Cheap china builds have NO WARRANTY. Regardless of what they claim. You CANNOT ship a problem battery back. Look around here for other threads. There are sellers others have had good results with, and a number of purchases. Never trust a one-off buyers experience.

Last edited:
The tale is in the MM measurement. Be careful. those posted aliexpress lowball sellers make no mention of the cell series or maker. 3 positive rating in 3 months isn't encouraging. Some fellas are google masters but lack the real experience with low ball cells and pack builders. Cheap china builds have NO WARRANTY. Regardless of what they claim. You CANNOT ship a problem battery back. Look around here for other threads. There are sellers others have had good results with, and a number of purchases. Never trust a one-off buyers experience.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to keep an eye out for legitimate sellers.

Contacted Hi-C and here is response:
We will rebuild your juiced CCX battery better than new. All the old cells are removed and new cells welded in. We use factory fresh name brand cells from LG Chem, Samsung, Panasonic, Sanyo and Sony. Here are the specs:

52v 21ah
1092wh
Samsung 3500mah
Reuse case and BMS
>500 cycles
1 year warranty
$699
Return Shipping $40

Before and after the rebuild process your battery is tested using a BA1800 Battery Analyzer. This assures your new battery meets design specifications.

Contacted Hi-C and here is response:
We will rebuild your juiced CCX battery better than new. All the old cells are removed and new cells welded in. We use factory fresh name brand cells from LG Chem, Samsung, Panasonic, Sanyo and Sony. Here are the specs:

52v 21ah
1092wh
Samsung 3500mah
Reuse case and BMS
>500 cycles
1 year warranty
$699
Return Shipping $40

Before and after the rebuild process your battery is tested using a BA1800 Battery Analyzer. This assures your new battery meets design specifications.
Wow! Assuming that their quality control is up to par, that's a good deal.

EBR did their facility tour.

This video has some seriously incorrect information on battery recharge cycles. Court does not correct him. Ignore everything this guy says about recharging/battery usage. These guys are definitely not battery experts giving out information like this. Probably they rely on Hi-C for battery expertise, but for convenience they have a single analyzer in house. They should remove that audio from the video.

Rebuilding batteries by some is a coin flip. Some recent reports from an OEM builder and several of his customers dealing with FTH for warranty service revealed some awful communication problems with FTH. NO ONE ships batteries back to China. Non-working batteries are very much a risk and shippers would have to produce fraudulent shipping documents and the expense is huge.

Back