Noise Creo Motor

CreoGuy

I've been riding my Creo for about 3 months and, as it turns out, generally only us it on the way home. We have some significant hills in our town and I really appreciate my battery and motor up that hill that gets me home. It seems to me that the motor is noisier than it ought to be; in higher gears it isn't too noisy, but as you shift down as I go up the hill the noise increases. My wife has 2,000+ miles on her Vado and it is almost silent in all three levels of assist. Has anyone else experienced higher noise levels.

Motors with gear reduction to the final drive like on the Mahle will get louder under load. The Brose on a Vado has a belt final drive which is known to be quieter.

Same exact thing going on with my Creo and my wife's Como. Her Como is silent always while mine makes a whine at higher speeds and climbs. No big deal to me. It's not unbearable by any stretch.

Oh and ps....her bike is in the shop right now due to motor failure and is being replaced under warranty. Better a noisy reliable motor than one that doesn't work!

It is normal. My "big" Vado is only audible at very high load while Vado SL "whirr" is something I used to live with.

My motor continued to get worst and my dealer contacted Specialized. They said they had had problems with the first generation of motors and I got a new motor under warranty. It's very quite now and I'm a happy peddler.
When did you get your creo? I got about mine 4 months ago. Funny you brought that up though because I test road last years creo first before I ordered mine and the motor did sound significantly louder than my current Creo which is this years model (2021)

What about frame material? Some amazing guitars are carbon fiber. It is great at amplifying and transmitting sound.

Back