No throttle, how do you..

Lar

... walk your bike up a hill when it's too steep to pedal up?
With a throttle you can walk assist it in that situation, without it there are times it wouldn't be possible due to the weight.
I'm interested in a bike that has no throttle so that's just one of the questions I have.

Never met a hill I couldn't climb with my Bosch mid drive Haibike. I've also not ridden a throttle eBike that the throttle is so finely regulated or slow enough to be a walk mode.
I also have not come across a hill that my Shimano hasn’t been able to conquer with ease!

Never met a hill I couldn't climb with my Bosch mid drive Haibike. I've also not ridden a throttle eBike that the throttle is so finely regulated or slow enough to be a walk mode.
I usually use Pas 1 light throttle or intermittent also has a walk mode but on mine you have to hold a bottom down and it's easier to turn the throttle slightly.

Thread isn't about how to use a throttle for that though.

Yeah that doesn't help..
What help are you exactly looking for? People answered that many bikes have a walk mode..... You said you didn’t like using walk mode on your bike. I’m not sure what other options there would be.

So if you don't have a bike with a walk mode what then?
I don't know if the bike I'm interested in has that, it does have a boost mode which sounds to me like basically an on off full power switch which would work for the road but not sure that's the case.

I found one even standing up (I weigh 190) in turbo mode I was lucky if I was doing 3mph it was like two blocks I finally gave up and walked it up with assist. not sure of the grade but I bet close to 30% I wish I had a garmin with the altimeter art the time.

So if you don't have a bike with a walk mode what then?
I don't know if the bike I'm interested in has that, it does have a boost mode which sounds to me like basically an on off full power switch which would work for the road but not sure that's the case.
Simple, If it doesn’t have walk mode or a throttle, you push it up the hill on your own power......or you get someone with a car and throw it in their trunk........or you turn around and find another route.

Last edited:
Simple, If it doesn’t have walk mode or a throttle, you push it up the hill on your own power......or you get someone with a car and throw it in their trunk........or turn around and find another route.
I am talking mountain biking. What if you drop into a wash which is too steep to climb out either direction. Sorry I asked..

I love having a throttle at the end of a 15 mile ride on a stretch of bikepath when it is 100 degrees and I'm spent. Push the button and give your legs a rest for a minute or so. I also love it to get off the line at a stop light. I'm just really confused by the hard core middrive guys that seem anti-throttle and are borderline rude to guys that prefer throttles... 🍿

I love having a throttle at the end of a 15 mile ride on a stretch of bikepath when it is 100 degrees and I'm spent. Push the button and give your legs a rest for a minute or so. I also love it to get off the line at a stop light. I'm just really confused by the hard core middrive guys that seem anti-throttle and are borderline rude to guys that prefer throttles... 🍿
Who here in this thread has been anti-throttle???

Edit:The Bafang motor he posted above is a mid-drive btw. I believe a throttle can be added. I also wouldn’t be surprised if it has walk mode. Someone else will need to confirm though.

Just curious as to what solutions others may have for different situations. Touchy subject.. lol
Reminds me of when seat droppers first came out there were a number of people who hated them for no apparent reason. Later gents...

Back