No Power on New Level

Raiderbrit

Region
USA
Assembled my wife's Level today and it won't power up. The screen stays blank. Charged the battery until the charger went green, checked the connectors in the cable to the LCD.

Any ideas from anyone who may have had this happen? The battery voltage is at 44v when I check with a voltmeter across neg and pin 4 of the connector.

Submitted a support request to Aventon, but they say it could take 96 hours for a response. Last request on my Aventure they took over a week to respond..

Just to add to this, the manual says to turn the battery on and 4 LEDs will flash. There is no 'on' button and no LEDs.

The manual explains what is common with many ebikes, requiring you to turn on the battery with a switch on the battery itself, before you can use the soft switch on the controller display to use the ebike.

The manual explains what is common with many ebikes, requiring you to turn on the battery with a switch on the battery itself, before you can use the soft switch on the controller display to use the ebike.
I'm now thinking the battery is bad. There is a switch on the top of the battery - when I press it a green light comes on, but it does not stay on. Does anyone with a level know if the green light should stay on after pressing the button?

First you couldn't find a button. Now you do. A ebike battery is not very big to explore how it works.

You seem very confused and misinformed.

If you can't wait for support from the seller, it may be a good idea to get paid help from a LBS.
My confusion is caused by the fact that the green LED does not stay on, so I was thinking the button was the battery level tester. Now I am pretty sure it is a bad battery.
Sorry for wasting your time AH.

Assembled my wife's Level today and it won't power up. The screen stays blank. Charged the battery until the charger went green, checked the connectors in the cable to the LCD.

Any ideas from anyone who may have had this happen? The battery voltage is at 44v when I check with a voltmeter across neg and pin 4 of the connector.

Submitted a support request to Aventon, but they say it could take 96 hours for a response. Last request on my Aventure they took over a week to respond..
Same deal hear, use twice to ride 5min or so and no power went to charge battery and now it indicated green on both the battery and charger but the battery says 44.1vdc on VOM and the charger has green light on it and no output, reached out via email to Aventon no reply 96 long gone, tried to call them no answer, filed claim no response I have asked pay pal to recover my money full refund I have a Rad City golden ebike

I have a solid state background and knowledge on Li ion batteries..... did some research on who made those batteries for Aventon,,, comes from China of course other forums reviews post on battery and charger issues

Found Fix,,,, if your battery indicated 44vdc and both charger and battery indicate green light they are charged,,,,, the charger will not go red because the battery is charged 48vdc battery not 56 vdc like RAD found issue with contact fingers at base of the insert, take paper clip and pull the spring contacts in battery closer together to make better contact when inserted, did this and boy power controller lite up and show a full charge and was off to the races....... Hope this helps others pass the word please

Found Fix,,,, if your battery indicated 44vdc and both charger and battery indicate green light they are charged,,,,, the charger will not go red because the battery is charged 48vdc battery not 56 vdc like RAD found issue with contact fingers at base of the insert, take paper clip and pull the spring contacts in battery closer together to make better contact when inserted, did this and boy power controller lite up and show a full charge and was off to the races....... Hope this helps others pass the word please
Be super carful and use insulation. DANGER!!!
Sometimes on a new bike the battery will overcharge. You would then use the USB port to run a USB fan to take off the overcharge safely.

My father has a new Aventon Aventure. Someone told him to push the led 2 times. He did this and it stayed on each time. Then he is able to power the display. Hope its something this simple.

Could someone explain to me how 44 VDC indicates a fully charged battery, when it's a 48 VDC battery and fully charged is about 54 VDC? Huh?

Could someone explain to me how 44 VDC indicates a fully charged battery, when it's a 48 VDC battery and fully charged is about 54 VDC? Huh?
I know that I never have to guess when my battery is charged because my Grin Satiator tells me when it is charged.

Did anyone ever get a resolution to this? I just got a new Aventon Level a few weeks ago and mine is now not powering up either. I rode for a couple hours yesterday, put in garage and turned off with about 50% power remaining and when I went back about 30 minutes later it would not power on. All connections seem to be in place. I reached to the Aventon email address but have not heard anything back. No one answers the phone. Any advice?

I'm having similar problem. When I push the M button to turn on the bike. The displays comes on and goes off quickly (1 sec at most ).

I tried to "wake" my battery using the procedures in Level operation Manual.

But step 1 says put the battery on the bike.
4. Tap the power button on the battery once to turn it on. No access to the only button on battery since it's on the bike.

Also my battery seems to only have 1 button and 1 light (RGB) Light. Not like the pics on Aventon page.

I'm having similar problem. When I push the M button to turn on the bike. The displays comes on and goes off quickly (1 sec at most ).

I tried to "wake" my battery using the procedures in Level operation Manual.

But step 1 says put the battery on the bike.
4. Tap the power button on the battery once to turn it on. No access to the only button on battery since it's on the bike.

Also my battery seems to only have 1 button and 1 light (RGB) Light. Not like the pics on Aventon page.
I have just got my Aventon Level delivered and had the same problem.

Besides the display flashing in 1 sec, it was also inconsistent. Did not turn on sometimes at all. First I thought that the battery was dead/empty or malfunctioning. But when I plugged in the adapter, the light was always green. After leaving the battery on charge overnight (thinking that maybe the battery balance is not there, thus the green light) and experiencing the same thing, with no replies from Aventon I was about to lose it.

Then I read @Amptech's post here and decided to try it. I made a tiny hinge from a paperclip, wrapped the handle with tape, and pulled the metal contacts in the battery to bend them to a slight angle so that they could touch the male connectors on the bike.

And it worked! The battery was indeed fully charged. And I also noticed that the battery sat firmer than before ~ I can't say that I love the battery actually being supported by these thin metal connectors. This might happen again. So my theory here is that the bike should have had too much horizontal force and the connectors in the battery were bent to the walls by the male connectors that are on the bike.

Sharing because I felt your pain. Think twice before trying :)

Cheers

Attachments

• RenderedImage.jpg
    RenderedImage.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 1,026
  • IMG_6822.jpg
    IMG_6822.jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 1,018
I have just got my Aventon Level delivered and had the same problem.

Besides the display flashing in 1 sec, it was also inconsistent. Did not turn on sometimes at all. First I thought that the battery was dead/empty or malfunctioning. But when I plugged in the adapter, the light was always green. After leaving the battery on charge overnight (thinking that maybe the battery balance is not there, thus the green light) and experiencing the same thing, with no replies from Aventon I was about to lose it.

Then I read @Amptech's post here and decided to try it. I made a tiny hinge from a paperclip, wrapped the handle with tape, and pulled the metal contacts in the battery to bend them to a slight angle so that they could touch the male connectors on the bike.

And it worked! The battery was indeed fully charged. And I also noticed that the battery sat firmer than before ~ I can't say that I love the battery actually being supported by these thin metal connectors. This might happen again. So my theory here is that the bike should have had too much horizontal force and the connectors in the battery were bent to the walls by the male connectors that are on the bike.

Sharing because I felt your pain. Think twice before trying :)

Cheers
jenk, can you please answer this. When you push the button on your battery what happens? Does the green light stay on......does the light stay green only as long as you hold it? I would really appreciate the answer.

I've look at connectors they look fine. Except the negative has plastic on it.

I did the paper clip on the negative and the bike turns on. Thank you.

(I need to figure away to clean up the plastic on the terminal.)

Last edited:
jenk, can you please answer this. When you push the button on your battery what happens? Does the green light stay on......does the light stay green only as long as you hold it? I would really appreciate the answer.

I've look at connectors they look fine. Except the negative has plastic on it.

I did the paper clip on the negative and the bike turns on. Thank you.

(I need to figure away to clean up the plastic on the terminal.)
Check these out, I took them before the fix:

* The battery operation is very confusing. It has one led, it lights green as long as I push it. Can't tell if that button's job is to tell me that the battery is charged as long as I press it. I guess that's how it works. And I can't tell if there is an on/off state...

Check these out, I took them before the fix:

* The battery operation is very confusing. It has one led, it lights green as long as I push it. Can't tell if that button's job is to tell me that the battery is charged as long as I press it. I guess that's how it works. And I can't tell if there is an on/off state...
Thank you so much. It answered most of my questions and more importantly. You helped me get my bike working again. Thank you.

Back