New Vado SL step through owner

JSlick

Region
Canada
The posts in the Specialized Vado forum were very helpful as I was deciding what kind of e-bike to get. I settled on the Vado SL because I still want to feel like I am able to get a workout on my bike, and I light how light it is. I took it for a ride yesterday and it was a dream to ride. I rode further than I should have and used a bit more boost on the way home.

I had the handlebars raised and may get a handlebar that sweeps back more. I got some suspension for the seat, but am not really feeling the effects when riding. I had front suspension on my 25 year old MTB and so was used to the suspension and wider tires. But for my purpose in using a bike now the Vado SL will I think be perfect.

Attachments

• VADO SL.jpg
    VADO SL.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 253
Congratulations! A lovely e-bike, so easy to get on and off, and a beautiful colour!

I got some suspension for the seat, but am not really feeling the effects when riding.
Is it a Cane Creek Thudbuster LT? No experience with this make/model but what I hear it belongs to the same quality class as Redshift ShockStop and Cirrus Cycles Kinekt 2.1. A good suspension seat-post is one that you should not feel that it works (otherwise, it would be a pogo-stick). Please ride onto a speed bump or ride off the curb: Did you feel a painful hit in your lower back? No? Then your rear suspension works OK. I use a Redshift suspension seat-post on my SL and a Kinekt on my big Vado. I simply cannot feel any pain in my back when I ride on rough surfaces, am riding off the curb, etc. (With the Kinekt, I have used too a lightweight spring and the seat-post gives me a little of pedal bob at times). I think your Thudbuster just does what it should! :)

I can also see you raised your bars. Many people do so because they prefer to ride in more upright position. I was a fan of such approach until I discovered it made my butt hurt on long rides, and also I was getting terrible air-drag on my Vado SL. Therefore, I did everything to lower my handlebars, and my body told me it loved it! :) Now, I ride my Vado SL in more forward, sporty position. (I'm not telling you to do so, just describing my own experience!)

Many happy miles on your rides!

If you like, please also post your future adventures in this thread:
David Berry's Thread

And welcome to the Vado SL User Club!

Thanks, and yes I have Cane Creek Thudbuster. I will need to try a few more rough spots to gauge its effectiveness.
I need the handle bars raised because of neck problems, otherwise I would be fine to keep them as they are.
snd yes, I love the colour. I was peasantry surprised that I was able to fine the colour, size, an model I wanted in stock. I just went into the store and said I wanted take it for a ride and was sold after trying it out.

Back