New to EBikes

Lion's Tooth

Mornin'

New to ebikes and looking to buy my first.

I am liking Amego's Inifinite Plus or Juiced's CrossCurrent S2 or another comparable bike in that price range. Opinion's welcome.

Stay safe...

LT

Welcome!

Have you actually ridden any bikes? That would be step one for me... That WAS step one for me!

Specs are great, but riding is where you find out what works and giant work for you. Especially if you're new to ebikes 😉.

Yes, I have ridden a couple-year-old Nakto. Kinda primitive but a blast anyway!

Really like the Surface604 Rook, too, which is available only 60 miles from me. So I could go pick it up.

Welcome!

Have you actually ridden any bikes? That would be step one for me... That WAS step one for me!

Specs are great, but riding is where you find out what works and giant work for you. Especially if you're new to ebikes 😉.

I'm in agreement with PatriciaK.
Test rides quickly help thin down the selections.
Depending on where you live, is renting for a while a possibility? I did that and it was a blast. Also realized I'm too lazy to be given a throttle on my bike. I'd never get any exercise.
Congrats on your ebike search.

Welcome Lion’s Tooth to a world of knowledge. There’s lots of bikes out there in different designs and price range. First, it’s important to know what your priorities are and how much you’re willing to spend. There are very expensive bikes, but don’t necessarily have what you want on a bike, and conversely there are inexpensive bikes that meet your needs. it would be foolish for you to pay a whole lot of money for a high quality bike without let’s say a throttle, and only tops out at 20mph, when you could spend much less with mid range quality for, let’s say a class 3 which will include a throttle and top out at 28mph. This is only an example and I’m sure I will be attacked by others reading this post. Do your research first and ask lots of questions. That’s what this site is all about. Good luck.

OK I have narrowed by budget and needs down to:
A couple of etiquette questions:
  • Should I ask questions in each "model" forum" or is it OK to ask in the general forum?
  • I see that some of the companies want to make sure the bike is assembled by a bike mechanic to make the warranty valid. Like Velotooleror Rad Bike Service. I am quite mechanical and have the skills to do the assembly from scratch parts. Is that a hard-fast rule? IYO, is this mandatory, or is this something I need to take up with the company individually?

I see that some of the companies want to make sure the bike is assembled by a bike mechanic to make the warranty valid. Like Velotooleror or Rad Bike Service. I am quite mechanical and have the skills to do the assembly from scratch parts. Is that a hard-fast rule? IYO, is this mandatory, or is this something I need to take up with the company individually?

Back