New to "E"

N6378G

Region
USA
Hi; This seemed to be a good place to learn a little about eBikes. While I'm a very long-time bicyclist, mostly a Roadie, I just got my first eBike. It's a BeeCool Explorer and I've only had it a couple weeks and just a few very short rides. Between age and a long recovery from a serious bike accident, having an eBike might give me a few more options. My club is mostly Rodies but over the last 5 years Gravel Bikes have moved front and center. Here in mountains of Prescott AZ, there is a lot to see on thousands of miles of Forest and high desert back country roads and trails. These days neither my old mountain bike nor I am fit enough to keep up with the gravel rider in our club. My Fat tire Explorer with its very long-range battery looks like a good solution. A good high end gravel bike will cost 2 or more times what paid for my eBike. I can carry a lot more of everything on those long back country trips. Seems like a win/win but I've been wrong before. We will just have to see. Open to suggestions on how to get the most out of my eBike.

Mike

Thanks Rome: Sorry I did not get back sooner. Thanks for the advice, I'll get some pictures up soon. I took a short 20-mile ride on my old road bike yesterday. Lots of hills. I enjoyed it but endurance is not what it used to be. Even a short ride wears me down, just an age thing, I guess. Can do that same mountain road ride on the ebike in half the time while still getting a mild workout and return home feeling good. You're right, the ebike is wonderful for running around, can carry lots and it's a relaxing ride. Still, if I'm going to get back in better shape my old Cannondale Road bike will be remaining in use as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2536.JPG
    IMG_2536.JPG
    725.6 KB · Views: 146
Hi; This seemed to be a good place to learn a little about eBikes. While I'm a very long-time bicyclist, mostly a Roadie, I just got my first eBike. It's a BeeCool Explorer and I've only had it a couple weeks and just a few very short rides. Between age and a long recovery from a serious bike accident, having an eBike might give me a few more options. My club is mostly Rodies but over the last 5 years Gravel Bikes have moved front and center. Here in mountains of Prescott AZ, there is a lot to see on thousands of miles of Forest and high desert back country roads and trails. These days neither my old mountain bike nor I am fit enough to keep up with the gravel rider in our club. My Fat tire Explorer with its very long-range battery looks like a good solution. A good high end gravel bike will cost 2 or more times what paid for my eBike. I can carry a lot more of everything on those long back country trips. Seems like a win/win but I've been wrong before. We will just have to see. Open to suggestions on how to get the most out of my eBike.

Mike
Love Prescott. Took my Frey CC up there last summer and had a blast. Are you in Prescott or Prescott Valley?

Back