New Surface604 SHRED!

Was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the new Surface604 Mountain Bike called the Shred? I'm looking for an electric bike with fatter tires and this could be the one... with 2.8" tires.

Would also like to see a photo of the optional rear rack....anyone from Surface browsing here?

https://surface604bikes.com/products/shred-electric-bike
Check out Biktrix Juggernaut Classic - better bike and can get much bigger battery. https://www.biktrix.com/products/biktrix-juggernaut-classic-2017?variant=95684657173

Check out Biktrix Juggernaut Classic - better bike and can get much bigger battery. https://www.biktrix.com/products/biktrix-juggernaut-classic-2017?variant=95684657173
Hmmm....Not sure I would go so far as to say a better bike. It's $400 more, and that is with a rigid front fork. It's probably another $100 or more for a suspension fork. It has mechanical disc brakes instead of hydraulic and only comes in one frame size. It uses cadence sensing instead of torque sensing for the motor assist. I like the mid-drive motor though.

Was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the new Surface604 Mountain Bike called the Shred? I'm looking for an electric bike with fatter tires and this could be the one... with 2.8" tires.

Would also like to see a photo of the optional rear rack....anyone from Surface browsing here?

Hey there, don't have a picture for the rear rack yet because we don't have it in stock yet, but can definitely get you one when it gets in!

I was looking at the bike last night, and when the site's shipping calculator said the shipping was free to Hawaii I got pretty excited. Then that rational voice in my head told me, "C'mon, you know that's bogus." so I emailed Surface604 and they apologized for the error. Shipping to Hawaii is $600. My list gets even shorter, so that's a good thing I guess.

SO exactly which part is 'better' ?

spot these cheap frames a mile away - the Biktrix is an alibaba type bike you can source in China for much lower price. Its not the quality of Surface 604, and the cheaper LG batteries, (and who knows how inferior the BMS may be) and mid drive (is it a BBS02 or is it a BBSHD ? - two very different motors but they dont tell you which one you are getting ), mounted with a questionable modification (sloppy) to the frame, looks like a hackjob if I ever saw one. Also, Enclosing that motor like they did on the frame bottom, will likely cause heat build up issues.

Yep, you are right Mr. EBike Supply. The Shred will turn heads, and beats other brands $4000 to $5000 ebikes hands down. It'll SHRED the competition.

Yep, you are right Mr. EBike Supply. The Shred will turn heads, and beats other brands $4000 to $5000 ebikes hands down. It'll SHRED the competition.

With a smaller battery and a 500 watt Bafang hub motor , it will beat $5000 bikes ? Really ? I assume you sell them ?

With a smaller battery and a 500 watt Bafang hub motor , it will beat $5000 bikes ? Really ? I assume you sell them ?

Really ! Which of these ebikes exactly, can you tell me has a battery larger than 48 Volts, 14 AH (672 Watthours), and a motor that is more than 500 Watts (750 Watts peak), and goes 28 MPH ???

Haibike XDuro Dwnhll 10.5 @ $7000 ?
Haibike XDuro Dwnhll 9.0 @ $5600 ?
Haibike XDuro AllMtn 10.0 @ $6400 ?
Haibike XDuro AllMtn 9.0 @ $6200 ?
Haibike XDuro AllMtn 9.5 @ $6000 ?
Haibike XDuro AllMtn 8.0 @ $5000 ?
Bulls Six50+ EFS2 @ $3999 ?
Bulls E-STREAM EVO AM 3 27.5+ @ $4999 ?
Bulls E-STREAM EVO AM 4 27.5+ @ $5399 ?
Specialized Men's S-Works Turbo Levo FSR Carbon 6Fattie/29 @ $9500 ?
Specialized Men's Turbo Levo FSR Comp 6Fattie/29 @ $5500 ?
Scott E-Genuis 700 Tuned @ $8345 ?
Giant Full E+0 SXPro @ $6530 ?
Giant Full E +1 SXPro @ $5200 ?

Just a small sampling of dozens upon dozens in this price range. P.S. (the most watts of any of the above is 350 watts, and the most battery capacity is 530 wh, and they are typically only 36 volts) I'm sure there must be something more important than battery capacity and motor size to justify another $2000 to $5000 more per ebike. Let me know when you can figure out what that 'something' is.

Really ! Which of these ebikes exactly, can you tell me has a battery larger than 48 Volts, 14 AH (672 Watthours), and a motor that is more than 500 Watts (750 Watts peak), and goes 28 MPH ???

Haibike XDuro Dwnhll 10.5 @ $7000 ?
Haibike XDuro Dwnhll 9.0 @ $5600 ?
Haibike XDuro AllMtn 10.0 @ $6400 ?
Haibike XDuro AllMtn 9.0 @ $6200 ?
Haibike XDuro AllMtn 9.5 @ $6000 ?
Haibike XDuro AllMtn 8.0 @ $5000 ?
Bulls Six50+ EFS2 @ $3999 ?
Bulls E-STREAM EVO AM 3 27.5+ @ $4999 ?
Bulls E-STREAM EVO AM 4 27.5+ @ $5399 ?
Specialized Men's S-Works Turbo Levo FSR Carbon 6Fattie/29 @ $9500 ?
Specialized Men's Turbo Levo FSR Comp 6Fattie/29 @ $5500 ?
Scott E-Genuis 700 Tuned @ $8345 ?
Giant Full E+0 SXPro @ $6530 ?
Giant Full E +1 SXPro @ $5200 ?

Just a small sampling of dozens upon dozens in this price range. P.S. (the most watts of any of the above is 350 watts, and the most battery capacity is 530 wh, and they are typically only 36 volts) I'm sure there must be something more important than battery capacity and motor size to justify another $2000 to $5000 more per ebike. Let me know when you can figure out what that 'something' is.

May I ask which brands do you sell ?

Listen LilBigfoot,

I don't want to waste any more time with a thoughtful & credible response as I did before, only to have it deleted.
The Shred has features that set it apart from the rest,with a price that is extremely attractive. Lets just say, you will get near "ride feel" as the 2500-4000k ebikes.

I think a more apt comparison would be the Pedego Ridge Rider. Both use a 500w hub motor and a mid mount 48v battery. Throttle, pedal assist. I know the Ridge Rider has been a big mover in our store, so I think the Shred would do well as well.

SO exactly which part is 'better' ?

spot these cheap frames a mile away - the Biktrix is an alibaba type bike you can source in China for much lower price. Its not the quality of Surface 604, and the cheaper LG batteries, (and who knows how inferior the BMS may be) and mid drive (is it a BBS02 or is it a BBSHD ? - two very different motors but they dont tell you which one you are getting ), mounted with a questionable modification (sloppy) to the frame, looks like a hackjob if I ever saw one. Also, Enclosing that motor like they did on the frame bottom, will likely cause heat build up issues.

Mike, show us a bike like our Stunner on Alibaba. Stop making s*it up if you don't know what your talking about. Just makes you sound like an idiot. You've never even seen a Biktrix bike and away you go with your keyboard preacher skills.

Of course we tell which bike has which motor. You just need to read our product pages. I can re-iterate what's on our website or google that for you if you want. But I'm sure with your expert keyboard skills, you can probably google that yourself.

Heat issues? How many bikes have you ever designed or sold? We've got thousands of them out in the market and had exactly 0 failures due to heat. This is because we use the aluminum frame around the motor as a giant heat sink. Oh ya I bet you didn't think aluminum can be used as a heat sink eh?

Hack Job? Show us a frame you've made that looks as beautiful with bbs integration. Ask any of our customers and they'll tell you how beautiful the welds are on our bikes. The frames are made in the same factory that makes frames for Surface, Juiced, FLX, and several other big name brands. Your ignorance is quite apparent as to how frames get made in Asia.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me. In the mean time, stop being that guy who says all he sells is gold while everything else sucks.
-

Last edited:
Hmmm....Not sure I would go so far as to say a better bike. It's $400 more, and that is with a rigid front fork. It's probably another $100 or more for a suspension fork. It has mechanical disc brakes instead of hydraulic and only comes in one frame size. It uses cadence sensing instead of torque sensing for the motor assist. I like the mid-drive motor though.

The mid motor is actually a big deal. 90Nm of torque compared to a 30-40Nm hub motor.

Mid motors are also typically 20-30% more efficient.

The bike also comes with an optional 48V 20Ah battery (one of the largest in the industry)

Rigid forks are often better than cheap suspension forks. We offer cheap suspension fork if customers want for $160 (made by RST).

Frame size: the 1 frame size fits riders between 5'4" and 6'5" comfortably.

Cadence sensor: yes, the bike does come with a cadence sensor, but it's completely programmable by the user. You can adjust how soon the motor comes on, how much assist it provides, what speed/current each assist level cuts off at, etc.

Hydraulic brakes: we offer hydraulic brakes for $200 installed. Up where we are, at temperatures that get to -35C, hydraulic brakes cause issues. Hence why we went mechanical.

Seems like this thread got off track... but I am interested in the Shred.

I would like to know why the Shred is Class 3 28mph while the Colt is only Class 2 20mph - they appear to have slightly different 500w motors but is that really more of a restricted speed or is there a significant difference in the motors?

Seems like this thread got off track... but I am interested in the Shred.

I would like to know why the Shred is Class 3 28mph while the Colt is only Class 2 20mph - they appear to have slightly different 500w motors but is that really more of a restricted speed or is there a significant difference in the motors?

Difference is mostly from a different motor and a different controller

Back