New Stromer owner. App broken or am I stupid?

OhHecNoo

Hi, I’m new to the whole forum thing. I never understood how these work so I apologize if this has been posted about and resolved/discussed on another post.

I just purchased my first Stromer. Immediately upon its arrival I noticed the app said it has no connection to the bike. I can still unlock and lock it. The smart lock apparently works too. But I can’t update the location or settings on the sensors. Basically I can’t connect to the bike. I called the shop where so purchased it and he said something about Stromer having a bad update out right now and that even he can’t connect to his bike as of now and that I’ll just have to wait till Stromer puts out a new update. But how will I be able to update it if the bike has no connection to anything apparently? Or am I just doing this whole thing wrong and this bad update had nothing to do with my problem?

Again I apologize if this was covered in another post. I know how forum communities like to keep everything clean.

Thank you in advance for everyone’s time.

I'm told connection is by cellular. Bike needs to be outside or close to a window. That's been my experience. Usually takes me a few tries to get it to connect.

I'm told connection is by cellular. Bike needs to be outside or close to a window. That's been my experience. Usually takes me a few tries to get it to connect.
I can’t seem to get connection anywhere. That was my first guess, I’ve tried it in so many places. Is this normal?

No; temporary loss of connection is common. It's similar to losing connection when you are in a call.

Your case is different, read this, maybe, it helps.
I read that and that’s exactly what I was thinking it was. And it sounds similar to what the shop owner has said to me. So basically I’m screwed till Stromer puts out an update to fix this?

Although my app couldn't talk the bike after the latest software update, the bike was still connected to GSM. The upload/download bars would still show up on the display. Stromer pushed the old software out to my Omni and I was able to download and install it. Bike now works as before. You might want to have the shop call Stromer and see if they can do it for you.

Although my app couldn't talk the bike after the latest software update, the bike was still connected to GSM. The upload/download bars would still show up on the display. Stromer pushed the old software out to my Omni and I was able to download and install it. Bike now works as before. You might want to have the shop call Stromer and see if they can do it for you.
So I was finally able to connect to my bike BUT I still can’t update its location. I can just update the sensors and what not. Everything but what I actually want lol :(

I think a lot of us are in the same boat. I picked my bike up yesterday and the location hasn't been updated. The shop says that the software needs an update. One of the biggest selling points on these bike is the GPS in case the bike is stollen and it doesn't work. Bummer.

I picked my bike up yesterday and the location hasn't been updated. The shop says that the software needs an update.

Update? I don't know.

The location - either from GPS or form GSM-triangulation is not updated in "live"-mode, but from time to time. If your bike was stolen, the update is in real time; read this report.

Update? I don't know.

The location - either from GPS or form GSM-triangulation is not updated in "live"-mode, but from time to time. If your bike was stolen, the update is in real time; read this report.
I've had mine for a week and the app. still doesn't know where the bike is and one of the most supportive Stromer dealers in the US did know the answer and were calling a Stromer Tech for me. We'll see if it gets fixed. Again, gps is one of the biggest selling points of these bikes and if it doesn't work not sure I am interested.

I've had mine for a week and the app. still doesn't know where the bike is

As you have realized meanwhile, the GPS works fine in all Stromer but not in yours. It seems, it even didn't work when your dealer explained and handed over the Stromer to you.

As a customer, I would have a serious discussion with my bike-dealer...

As you have realized meanwhile, the GPS works fine in all Stromer but not in yours. It seems, it even didn't work when your dealer explained and handed over the Stromer to you.

As a customer, I would have a serious discussion with my bike-dealer...

I am going to. Still deciding whether or not to keep the bike and if they can't get the GPS up and running it may kill the deal. The cogging may not be as big an issue as I thought.
Super fun to ride and as an electric car driver I really appreciate the regenerative breaking.

Back