New RCS video posted by kobEVision on YouTube

The videos on the CCS were great. It's different from what Court does. He doesn't go into specs and components like Court, which is fine, because Court already did. But to get a feel from someone who has the time to lay down over 800 miles is another kettle of fish. Also I like his sense of humor. And he's kind of like the ebike Bob Ross -- pleasant, friendly, and somehow soothing.

FYI - My RCS is WAYYYY quieter than that bike - and that is with the stock knobby tires at 22-27 PSI.

I tend to ride about 15-16mph with my assist top speed limited to 25mph. I think I just got lucky on motor noise -- but the first time I watched the video I was like "WOW those tires are loud"... then I heard the "whine" sound as the motor had more load and I was "Whew, my bike is way quietier".

Unless I am really pushing the motor 550+ on the display, I can't even hear the motor over the tires.

So either I got really lucky, or the demo bike motor is really loud, or a combo. Most likely is that my motor is a bit quieter than normal and the loaner bike is a bit louder.

I wonder how lound other's find the RCS Motor noise levels?

I always though mid drives were louder than hubs but mine is nearly silent. All that whirring sound would get old.

Back