New range record.

Peter

Today I went out for a 24 km work out on my BH Neo Race. I made a new range record. 20.1 km on one battery bar. I went in sport mode and used a 12 amp battery.

x 5 = puts you at 62 miles minus the fact the last two bars are weaker, 55 miles or so?

Yep. That sounds about right.
The 20 kilometers was 72 meters down and 112 meters up. The first 3 km in head wind then 5 kms in side Wind and the last kms in good tail wind.
Also tempereture was 17 celsius and I was pressing moderately hard in the pedals which made med sometimes go above motor cut off and there by save battery. Top speed on my bike is around 30 kmh. My average speed on this trip was 29,1 kmh.

I have once tried to deplete the battery in boost. I went 83 km before it depleted.
Before you us guys go to your dealer and complain remeber my bike is a EU-version which only has 250 watts where yours have 350 which gives you higher top speed but lower range. Also my weight is 70 kgs.

Yep. That sounds about right.
The 20 kilometers was 72 meters down and 112 meters up. The first 3 km in head wind then 5 kms in side Wind and the last kms in good tail wind.
Also tempereture was 17 celsius and I was pressing moderately hard in the pedals which made med sometimes go above motor cut off and there by save battery. Top speed on my bike is around 30 kmh. My average speed on this trip was 29,1 kmh.

I have once tried to deplete the battery in boost. I went 83 km before it depleted.
Before you us guys go to your dealer and complain remeber my bike is a EU-version which only has 250 watts where yours have 350 which gives you higher top speed but lower range. Also my weight is 70 kgs.

Lastly I also use the gears a lot which also might help to save battery

efore you us guys go to your dealer and complain remeber my bike is a EU-version which only has 250 watts where yours have 350 which gives you higher top speed but lower range. Also my weight is 70 kgs.

Understood. Besides, complaining doesn't change physics. It is what it is. I finally accepted that to get more range without having to wait 4 hours for the battery to recharge, I need more battery (or a 2nd battery), and/or need to use Eco mode more or no assist, and/or drop weight. My average speed is in the 15mph area.

I'm already riding a low(er) speed. Not going to start spending more $$$ to change out the motor.

I just did a new range record. This time even more crazy. On my Neo Race EU version I put on a 9 amp battery from my Jumper. The tires were pumped to 7 bars. Tail and side wind and going togehter with two other bikers. We really pushed it hard and therefore I was sometimes above cut off from the motor.
First bar dropped after 24 kms. That is 15 miles. I was going in boost mode.

Last edited:
Back