NEW: Radwagon just released

Based on my Radrovers performance, I think with a single rider the Radwagon could handle that hill easily and it definitely fits the bill as a car replacement especially for your RV trips. That said, if you're carrying two people and trying to go up a steep hill, depending on how heavy you two are it could be a struggle for the Radwagon. I like how it has regenerative braking too, definitely will prolong the rides given the weight of the bike.

Thanks for the replies. I am 6.0" and weigh 185. I do not plan to carry anyone up the big hill. With groceries, my total load on the bike will be 225 max. Since the bike is rated at 350, one would hope it is tested to perform well with that much weight on it, but who knows! I think the industry needs a way of expressing the power of E bikes beyond the wattage. That is simply not a sufficient measure of energy.

Now that I think about it, the Radrover uses a geared hub motor and the Radwagon uses direct drive. So I need someone who ownes or has ridden a rad wagon to comment. Thanks for all the input. I'm trying to decide on this bike in the next week or so.
Steve

Look like they have sold 16 out of the 70. Hopefully sales will pick up too get that extra $100 off

I think the industry needs a way of expressing the power of E bikes beyond the wattage. That is simply not a sufficient measure of energy.
It's basically useless, for any number of reasons. It would be possible to generate some 'estimates' of range, hill climbing, and speed if you could run a bike up some kind of basic test course and some calibrated grades. There could be some sort of 'honor' system for manufacturers, harder numbers with more nuance for weight, maybe temperature. Perhaps with a database of different motors...

Unless there is a rush buy today, doesn't look like they will make enough sales for the extra $100 off --deadline is Sept 15th

Bummin cuz I bought the RW last week. The price is great any way. Turbo Bob is a San Diegan. I think I will contact him to see if he wants to help me hill test this puppie. We will put our results on YouTube.

They sold 50. That's pretty good, and they seem to have two nice bikes in their 'catalog' going forward.

Bummin cuz I bought the RW last week. The price is great any way. Turbo Bob is a San Diegan. I think I will contact him to see if he wants to help me hill test this puppie. We will put our results on YouTube.

I'm in San Diego too, i'd be happy to come by and compare the RR with the RW and I'd like to see the RW anyways.

I wonder why Rad Power didn't do another crowd funded campaign for the new rad wagon. With the new Sondors Kickstarter Campaign reaching their goal in 1 day, I think this is the way to go.

I wonder why Rad Power didn't do another crowd funded campaign for the new rad wagon. With the new Sondors Kickstarter Campaign reaching their goal in 1 day, I think this is the way to go.

While i don't know what is involved when working with IGG or KS, Radpower never seemed to embrace the craziness that is involved with a big crowd funding campaign. I personally like how they used crowd funding to get their name out there, and then switched to their own internal systems as soon as possible to maximize the control over their product and money.

Unfortunately, at Interbike I did not take photos or literature on the some 6 exhibitors or so that were showing cargo ebikes. Definitely a growing category so you should expect to see more and more vendors in this space.

While i don't know what is involved when working with IGG or KS, Radpower never seemed to embrace the craziness that is involved with a big crowd funding campaign. I personally like how they used crowd funding to get their name out there, and then switched to their own internal systems as soon as possible to maximize the control over their product and money.
Yes that is true. I am sure that the margins for Sondors are slim per bike but he is making up for that and maximizing profits with volume sales, short warranty and earning extra on upgrades and shipping. Sondors is doing this the smart way. Milk it for as much as you can while giving as little as possible.

I think Rad Power is in a good position to do another crowd-funding campaign with either their Rad Rover again or the New Wagon and compete against Sondors selling it for $1199 or something like that.

Even though Rad products would be priced higher than Sondors, because of their track record, better quality products, components, warranty and support, people would be willing to pay more. Sondors 2.0 with all the upgrades approaches $1000, most of which Rad Rover already has like shocks and longer life battery (than Sondors 1.0). In addition to that, Rad has the better motor, a 48v system, better warranty, gears, better tires and brakes (which Sondors does not).

I'm so grateful for this site!! I was fully ready to press buy on the Pedego Stretch which is another cargo bike that is twice as expensive as the Rad Wagon...then I saw the reviews on the Rad Wagon and with largely similar specs on EBR...I placed an order yesterday on the Rad Wagon website.

A few things I'm looking forward to:
  1. Being able to pick up my two young boys from school on a bike! They'll ride behind me on the way home.
  2. USB ports...I'm planning to light up this bike when it starts to get dark early using USB LED strips!!
  3. Adjustable handlebar stem!
  4. Orange! Go Giants!
  5. Getting to work on a bike without getting sweaty (7 mile commute each way)
  6. Saving at least $1500 over the Pedego Stretch!

One thing I'm slightly concerned about:
  1. I'm 6 feet tall and understand this is a medium sized frame...I'm hoping I can adjust the seat as far back as possible + lean the handlebars forward enough so that I'm not cramped.
  2. Will it fit on a standard bike rack? I'm most concerned about the length of the bike - didn't see any measurements on the RadPower website. Wondering if it will be so long that it protrudes from the side of my SUV.
In the SF Bay Area (South Bay) if anyone ever wants to see it in person = )

Last edited:
I'm so grateful for this site!! I was fully ready to press buy on the Pedego Stretch which is another cargo bike that is twice as expensive as the Rad Wagon...then I saw the reviews on the Rad Wagon and with largely similar specs on EBR...I placed an order yesterday on the Rad Wagon website.

A few things I'm looking forward to:
  1. Being able to pick up my two young boys from school on a bike! They'll ride behind me on the way home.
  2. USB ports...I'm planning to light up this bike when it starts to get dark early using USB LED strips!!
  3. Adjustable handlebar stem!
  4. Orange! Go Giants!
  5. Getting to work on a bike without getting sweaty (7 mile commute each way)
  6. Saving at least $1500 over the Pedego Stretch!

One thing I'm slightly concerned about:
  1. I'm 6 feet tall and understand this is a medium sized frame...I'm hoping I can adjust the seat as far back as possible + lean the handlebars forward enough so that I'm not cramped.
  2. Will it fit on a standard bike rack? I'm most concerned about the length of the bike - didn't see any measurements on the RadPower website. Wondering if it will be so long that it protrudes from the side of my SUV.
In the SF Bay Area (South Bay) if anyone ever wants to see it in person = )
Did rpb tell you when they were going to ship your bike?

Reactions: HSU
Got an update from Rad Power this this week; Radwagon deliveries are pushed back to the week of the 26th. Can hardly wait for mine!

Did rpb tell you when they were going to ship your bike?

Hi Tim,

Did you order your in the first batch? If so, they will ship in the week of Oct. 26. They had a delay. I ordered a RadWagon about a month and a half ago now. I also live in the South Bay in Santa Clara. Can't wait to starting commuting to work with this and put my car in storage!

Back