NEW: Radwagon just released

I'm so grateful for this site!! I was fully ready to press buy on the Pedego Stretch which is another cargo bike that is twice as expensive as the Rad Wagon...then I saw the reviews on the Rad Wagon and with largely similar specs on EBR...I placed an order yesterday on the Rad Wagon website.

A few things I'm looking forward to:
  1. Being able to pick up my two young boys from school on a bike! They'll ride behind me on the way home.
  2. USB ports...I'm planning to light up this bike when it starts to get dark early using USB LED strips!!
  3. Adjustable handlebar stem!
  4. Orange! Go Giants!
  5. Getting to work on a bike without getting sweaty (7 mile commute each way)
  6. Saving at least $1500 over the Pedego Stretch!

One thing I'm slightly concerned about:
  1. I'm 6 feet tall and understand this is a medium sized frame...I'm hoping I can adjust the seat as far back as possible + lean the handlebars forward enough so that I'm not cramped.
  2. Will it fit on a standard bike rack? I'm most concerned about the length of the bike - didn't see any measurements on the RadPower website. Wondering if it will be so long that it protrudes from the side of my SUV.
In the SF Bay Area (South Bay) if anyone ever wants to see it in person = )
Well darn! Can of worms l see. I was ready to buy a stretch cargo over in bend or tomorrow. Now it looks like if i wait several weeks i can get a wagon for half price. Pedago claims over 400 lbs PLUS rider -Stretch. For me at 330 its about opposite; ha!! l'm 6-3 with only a 29" inseam and the pedago stretch cargo accomodates this. This waiting deal is good for me cuz i was advised to just spend the extra dollars for a - "New for 2016, the BrüHaul is Felt's newest.....". Or consider a Pedago Interceptor [good fit]. And for exercise with the arthritic right hand possibly giving me trouble to consider the ELF when its raining. . . Any way l am hank, age 70.. just moved to clackamas,or. . l almost always lived on the deserts south of reno down to chihuahua.. recently had to sell my last 4 mcycles; close calls....age, health/balance, reflexes.. nice to be here,thx for having me.

Here is the update on RadWagon delivery I received today:
"We REALLY appreciate your patience throughout this process and have good news, we will begin shipping out RadWagons starting next Monday Nov 2nd!

If you are doing local pickup from our Seattle location, you will receive another email detailing the date that we will start with pickups. This will be after we start shipping because we need to transfer bikes from our shipping location to our shop and assemble.

Once your bike has shipped you will receive a tracking number automatically via email. Because we can only ship so many orders per day, if you have not received a tracking number by end of day Monday, Tues, etc, your bike has likely not come up in the que just yet, so fear not, you will receive a tracking number so you can follow along with your bike's journey to its new home :)

Happy (soon to be) riding!"

Hi Tim,

Did you order your in the first batch? If so, they will ship in the week of Oct. 26. They had a delay. I ordered a RadWagon about a month and a half ago now. I also live in the South Bay in Santa Clara. Can't wait to starting commuting to work with this and put my car in storage!
RPB emailed that rw shipping's began 11_2 and first batch buyers should look for emails with parcel routing numbers. RPW told me shipping should take 2 days. No email yet.

Tim

Reactions: HSU
RPB emailed that rw shipping's began 11_2 and first batch buyers should look for emails with parcel routing numbers. RPW told me shipping should take 2 days. No email yet.

Tim
Received my RadWagon several days ago and I cannot be happier. It rides great. Very powerful, well balanced and the weight helps it smooth out rough roads.

I'm so grateful for this site!! I was fully ready to press buy on the Pedego Stretch which is another cargo bike that is twice as expensive as the Rad Wagon...then I saw the reviews on the Rad Wagon and with largely similar specs on EBR...I placed an order yesterday on the Rad Wagon website.

A few things I'm looking forward to:
  1. Being able to pick up my two young boys from school on a bike! They'll ride behind me on the way home.
  2. USB ports...I'm planning to light up this bike when it starts to get dark early using USB LED strips!!
  3. Adjustable handlebar stem!
  4. Orange! Go Giants!
  5. Getting to work on a bike without getting sweaty (7 mile commute each way)
  6. Saving at least $1500 over the Pedego Stretch!

One thing I'm slightly concerned about:
  1. I'm 6 feet tall and understand this is a medium sized frame...I'm hoping I can adjust the seat as far back as possible + lean the handlebars forward enough so that I'm not cramped.
  2. Will it fit on a standard bike rack? I'm most concerned about the length of the bike - didn't see any measurements on the RadPower website. Wondering if it will be so long that it protrudes from the side of my SUV.
In the SF Bay Area (South Bay) if anyone ever wants to see it in person = )
@Parkerton, Could you please let me know how you like your radwagon? I'm trying to decide if I should go for it but am concerned about some of the issues I'm reading on this forum. Was the bike in good shape on delivery? How has maintenance been? Battery charge? Have you made upgrades and have you found a good local shop to work on it? I live in Berkeley. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Hi @Lyn707 I am 6'1'' and have about 300ish miles on my radwagon so far. I just got it tuned up. Which is pretty typical to have done after a few hundred miles on newer bikes. I don't have any complaints about the bike, shipping, etc... went well. I transport me 2yr old and 4yr old routinely and haven't had too many issues. I will say it does take some getting used to the load on the back for the first dozen or so rides. Start/Stop are harder but bicycling feels the same. I am in Alameda if you ever want to check it out before buying.

I don't know which one to get between the radwagon, Pedego stretch and the juiced odk.

Overall, I like the bike and would buy it again. It has been a really fun bike. I ride around with my four and 2 year olds in the back.The price is unbeatable. I do have some strange noise coming from the bike but I have learned to live with it. Also, I replaced the front brake with hydraulics because I live in a place with lots of hills. This made a big difference. I left the rear brake as is because its a pain to replace and I want to still have one brake set to cut off the motor when pressed.

Hope this helps

Back