New Owner of Turbo Levo Comp 2022 Questions!

What is the difference in weight? Are you talking about the full power Levo Comp Carbon?
As I have written in other threads, WEIGHT was pretty much what decided me on the Creo/Road model. I knew it did not have as much power as my then current bike but adding 10 or 20 pounds was untenable in my circumstances. Car rack was considered but my 8 - 10 steps into my house was critical. And that's my current storage situation. I use to keep the bike in the basement so it was up 6 steps and down about 10 steps but not only down but around a very tight stairwell into the basement door (that requires tipping the bike). The older, pretty light custom titanium bike had a removable battery making the task a bit easier. I should photograph my situation!

As I have written in other threads, WEIGHT was pretty much what decided me on the Creo/Road model. I knew it did not have as much power as my then current bike but adding 10 or 20 pounds was untenable in my circumstances. Car rack was considered but my 8 - 10 steps into my house was critical. And that's my current storage situation. I use to keep the bike in the basement so it was up 6 steps and down about 10 steps but not only down but around a very tight stairwell into the basement door (that requires tipping the bike). The older, pretty light custom titanium bike had a removable battery making the task a bit easier. I should photograph my situation!
I understand what you are saying as I need to carry my Vado SL up three flights of stairs myself.
However, it is not the case of Prairie Dog. He could have bought a Levo SL if it only were the matter of weight. However, it looks Art needed less weight but to retain the full power motor, too. Hence his order of the full power Levo Carbon Comp, which is significantly more lightweight than his Trance E+. And it handles better on singletrack.

I understand what you are saying as I need to carry my Vado SL up three flights of stairs myself.
However, it is not the case of Prairie Dog. He could have bought a Levo SL if it only were the matter of weight. However, it looks Art needed less weight but to retain the full power motor, too. Hence his order of the full power Levo Carbon Comp, which is significantly more lightweight than his Trance E+. And it handles better on singletrack.
My thoughts exactly Stefan. I can’t be certain if the person who quoted me the weight for the Levo CC was the gospel but I took him at his word. I suspect there might possibly be some weight variance between the sizing that Specialized uses but I could be wrong. There was only one Levo CC and an Expert available at the time in the S2 size but several alloy versions were still up for grabs. Also, several '21 Creos were still for sale including an S-Works carbon with a favorable discount of $2K Cdn. Even with the deduction, the sale price for the bike is hard to digest.

Not all all. A buddy of mine owns a 1st gen Levo and on more than one occasion we’ve exchanged saddle positions on our local trails to compare rides. The love affair with my Trance is starting to tarnish as singletracks are not its forte with its longish chainstays and wheelbase. For that reason, it’s a beast when it comes to climbing but it’s also heavy and turning it around on tight trails isn’t what I would define as an easy endeavor as I’m a pretty small dude. The nimbler Levo in comparison handles like a dream and I can expect this latest mullet will only enhance its maneuverability. Even the simple task of lifting the Trance onto a hitch rack/tailgate is daunting. Not so with the Levo CC. There’s also the ability to further adjust the geometry on this latest iteration by simply swapping headset cups and raising or dropping the BB an additional 7mm. Mastemind TCU is the proverbial icing on the cake and an improved belt drive will hopefully make motor failures a thing of the past. 🤞More torque and a beefier battery won’t hurt either…though admittedly it will be an initial hit on the wallet.

Below is footage from a ride two days ago. It takes all that I can muster to keep up with Kelvin’s Levo and I’m only able to gain some ground at a climb near the end of the video. My apology for the quality the hastily edited footage.

As for the Trance, the situation at the moment appears to be somewhat unresolved as to whether I’ll move on or retain it as my winter ride when the trails become far less technical in snow. That being said, I recently moved an older acoustic rigid out of the garage and its new owner seems happy with it so n +1 might be in the cards.
wOw,, I'm warned out just watching - the length of trail maybe a good 1/2 mile?
That's a heck of lot of technical riding, and Video is surprisedly smooth for rough terrain.
The bike sure sounds solid and sure footed.
I'd be fine at half that speed,, for detailed view of surroundings.
Cheers

I have a rough set of stairs as well - when I end up with E-Bike in near future.
But noticed,, forget what model - it had setting for walk mode.
So I was thinking this might work well to assist up the stairs.
Or go with one idea of nylon strap from a wench 30 ft long.
Maybe a simple wench fastened at top of stairs high up on the wall
with pre-wound spring, that winds up pulling strap down the stairs.
I think there are industrial load counter balance tools as well used overhead for heavy tools
could be modified to make the chore effortless. Maybe safer going down as well.
And having a good 60lb assist lifting. And more than handy with furniture.

wOw,, I'm warned out just watching - the length of trail maybe a good 1/2 mile?
That's a heck of lot of technical riding, and Video is surprisedly smooth for rough terrain.
The bike sure sounds solid and sure footed.
I'd be fine at half that speed,, for detailed view of surroundings.
Cheers
The Pines trail is a bit over a mile in length and can be ridden in either direction. Not the best footage and much of it was edited out. I admit the Trance shod with Ice Spiker tires proved it’s worth during severe winter and spring conditions.

The lighter nimbler Levo CC is a beast and its mullet setup and shorter chainstays make short work of this local trail. The Bench singletrack is the second of five consecutive trails that friends and I normally ride whenever we get together.

But noticed,, forget what model - it had setting for walk mode.
So I was thinking this might work well to assist up the stairs.
All Vado including the SL have Walk Mode. While great on slopes, not the best on stairs. It is because you need to set the e-bike in slight motion before the Walk Mode kicks in.

Back