Peckerhead

Region
USA
I am a 71 year old man. I tried ridding a recumbent trike. Now I can get in it but, can’t get back up. I thought a battery assistant trike would do great. I hunt and though the big tire would do good for me. All the roads on my hunting are clear of big rocks and limbs. 6 years ago while riding a HD trike I was hit by a young boy. I have a rod in my right leg that runs from my knee to my hip. I am looking at all the trikes. Please giv me some suggestions. Thanks to everyone.

Peckerhead. Woody wood pecker

Welcome and to bad about your leg.
I've seen trikes starting to pop up more so just google them and you should see some.
Good luck

Welcome. Trikes take practice. Normally only one wheel is driven. Differentials are very rare. They steer differently right to left. Do you want to make one? The very easiest thing is to install a new front wheel with a motorized hub. You can make a Walmart trike electric in an afternoon. You would want to upgrade all the touch points, grips, saddle, pedals. And upgrade the brakes which are made from a paraffin-like synthetic rubber compound. A front hub motor is not for climbing but would be fine on the flats.

Take a look at Day6 trikes. They have a wide wheelbase version and with a BBSHD it's a rugged hunting eBike.
Recumbents terrified me in traffic. And sure enough, this old fart couldn't get up and out from that low position either.
No way.

There are some fat bike trikes but I'd want a BBSHD.

1672168297029.png

1672168320170.png

My wife has a Evelo Compass trike that she likes. It is mid drive rear wheel drive with differential, 3 speed IGH shifter, throttle, mechanical disc brakes and 2 batteries.

My wife has a Evelo Compass trike that she likes. It is mid drive rear wheel drive with differential, 3 speed IGH shifter, throttle, mechanical disc brakes and 2 batteries.
Wow! Nice ETrike! 500W Bafang mid drive and IGH might be light duty for hunting and hauling, but what a sweet trike it is. Thanks for sharing the model link!

Back