New member Speedometer error

rjordan100

I have a Rize Bolt and a Himiway step thru. On my Bolt my speedometer used to read correctly, but now reads about 6 or 7 MPH too fast compared with 2 different gps apps on my phone. It says it’s set on MPH, but I don’t think it is actually changing to MPH. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a Rize Bolt and a Himiway step thru. On my Bolt my speedometer used to read correctly, but now reads about 6 or 7 MPH too fast compared with 2 different gps apps on my phone. It says it’s set on MPH, but I don’t think it is actually changing to MPH. Any help would be appreciated.
It does not sound to me as if it's staying in KPH instead of MPH... 6 or 7 MPH is not too much of a difference unless perhaps you were only doing 10 MPH when you saw this. (10 MPH = 16 KPH). If you were doing a faster speed, maybe 20 MPH, it would be 32 KPH, much more than the little 6 or 7 you were seeing.

Have you changed tires on your bike? A different size tire would certainly give you different speed/distance readings. And I'm pretty sure that tire inflation affects this also, but I doubt it would be as much as 6-7 mph different.

Last edited:
GPS speed readings can be erroneous, especially at low speeds, depending on tree cover, weather conditions, buildings, topography etc. It's best to use time over a measured distance to get accurate numbers.

Back