New Member/Owner of Stromer Platinum ST1

Foody

Hello all,

I ride 10 miles round trip to work everyday after a train commute. I have been riding a 29er mountain bike to work, and one day I saw some guy on an Electric bike fly by me. That's when I started looking into them. I did alot of research on the internet to decide which electric bike to get. I test rode a Stromer ST2 in San Francisco and immediately fell in love. I knew that the price was high, so I test rode the ST1 Platinum as well and found that it had good top speed and went up hills just as easily Compared to the ST1 Elite, I really wanted that top speed. It was also almost half the price. I looked at other ebikes and reviews and finally narrowed it down to either the Easy Motion Neo Cross or the St1, performance and speed wise the ST1 beat the Easy Motion. It just didn't have that top speed and power that I felt on the Stromer. I loved the way it looked though. The sales guy where I bought it pointed out the Eflow E3 Nitro, and said that it was made in the same factory as the Stromer, and that I should consider it, they were a steal at $2199, it almost looked like it had the same motor and was just as fast as the ST1, but because of the way it looked, I didn't even test drive it. It was just way too obvious it was an electric bike. I wanted to be stealth. Thanks to all the members on this site with their input on the Stromer. I look forward to reading more about the ST1 and ST2 and see what the next generation E-bikes have to offer.......
IMG_4586.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations.. Stromer Platinum is an old school quality build that should give you years of service.. My only problem with all Stromers is the weight, 62#+.. Newer designs are clocking in the low 40's even in the 30's.

Keep an eye out on that carbon fork for fatigue. I have the suspension fork and it is not a quality piece, although, like the rest of the bike, hasn't given me any problems in 3000 miles.

Congratulations.. Stromer Platinum is an old school quality build that should give you years of service.. My only problem with all Stromers is the weight, 62#+.. Newer designs are clocking in the low 40's even in the 30's.

Keep an eye out on that carbon fork for fatigue. I have the suspension fork and it is not a quality piece, although, like the rest of the bike, hasn't given me any problems in 3000 miles.

Interesting. I'm curious as to what newer ebikes you've found that are 30 pounds that do 28mph?

In Europe the Moustache Dimanche 28 Speed weighs 42 pounds including the battery. It comes with a 350watt Performance Bosch drive. The Haibike Superrace weighs slightly less, and is also capable of reaching 28mph.

Any bikes I can get in the USA?

Any bikes I can get in the USA?

Karmic koben S is claimed to be in the ballpark of 38-40 lbs.

Felt Sport-E weighs in at 39lbs but doesn't reach 28mph (if you use the dongle, you might be able to reach).

OHM XU700-16 weighs in at 47lbs including the city kit and does 28mph and has ~40 miles range.

To preserve the looks and add some suspension to the front, I don't know why they don't opt for a adjustable monoshock front fork like Eflow did.

Adding a suspension fork in my opinion really takes away from the look of this beautiful bike.

Interesting. I'm curious as to what newer ebikes you've found that are 30 pounds that do 28mph?
This is what I'm talking about. Just have to assume you're an ESOL person, and will explain the nuances.

When someone says 30s, that mean the range can be anything in the 30 to 39 lb weight range for an ebike. Or 1/3 less than a Stromer. That's a significant reduction. 30s does not equate to 30 lbs even

Last edited:
This is what I'm talking about. Just have to assume you're an ESOL person, and will explain the nuances.

When someone says 30s, that mean the range can be anything in the 30 to 39 lb weight range for an ebike. Or 1/3 less than a Stromer. That's a significant reduction. 30s does not equate to 30 lbs even

Oh, ok so do we have some bikes that weigh between 30-39lbs that can do 28mph, that I can buy?

I think we should put together a big list of bikes that fit this criteria (admittedly this thread may not be the place), so people can make informed purchases.

I agree with the OP though, I really don't want to go back in MPH.

One thing I really like about it is the beefy tires on, what I guess is a road bike, since it has no suspension. Or a (fast) cruiser? Anyway, those tires look comfortable and solid and good for supporting a heavy bike like that.

Back