New member and e-bike shopper

Over50

Howdy to everyone. I've made extensive use of this site and its videos so high-time I joined up. I have a couple of human powered city bikes and I'm in the market for an e-bike. I'm a casual biker with limited mechanical skills and I want to make an attempt at commuting to work perhaps a couple of times per week during the warmer months. I've set spring of 2017 as my goal to purchase an e-bike and to get started with the commuting. I'll post my questions on other threads soon but I am definitely looking for some advice on both fronts (bike purchase and commuting).

I currently ride a Spot Brand city bike and a Tern folding bike but for a 17 mile one-way commute I am going to need a much higher average speed compared to what I can generate on my non-ebikes. I'm looking forward to picking the brains of you experienced folks as I narrow down my selections. Best Regards

Hello and welcome over50,im over 50 myself. 17 miles- can you charge at work? do you live in a wet climate? is there lots of hills or flat? so many questions,what ebike do you first think about? that is usually a good starting point.

Thanks Beast775. Yes, I can charge at work. Mostly flat and Midwest climate - good number of rain/snow days (although in a bit of a drought lately). I posted my top candidates and more info about my commute here on this thread:

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/3-of-my-top-choices-your-help-is-requested.7278/

I'm thinking that prior to purchase next year, I am going to have to invest in a road trip to one of the e-bike expos. I don't think its going to be possible to get test drives of some of the top e-bikes in my local area.

Bicycles are like shoes,just a bit off and you wont like wearing them or riding the bike. test driving is a must if purchasing a manufactured ebike,and saddle adjustments -handlebar are critical for longevity in the saddle.

Back