New Magnum Metro+ (2019)

scout592

I was able to see one of the first newly designed Metro+ today which they call a 2019 model. It has many similarities to the previous years of the Metro+ but the most notable difference is the frame. It is not a true step through like the Metro but the cross bar is definitely lower than the previous Metro+. I don't see it on their website yet and I don't know much more about it than that but looks very nice. It comes in one frame size and still has the same 700c wheels and 500 watt motor as far as I can tell. Excited to see more details about it.

Hello. I am looking at the a Metro+ (or Surface 604 Rook/Colt). Your comment stimulated me to write Magnum. They got back to me very quickly. Two bits of news.
The new Low step Magnum + will be out in the next couple weeks. Keep an eye on the website I guess. It sounds like it is the same other than the frame.
And the new Navigator will be available on the website this next week. It is apparently an urban style with an integrated battery.

I live in Salt Lake City area which is where the Magnun headquarters are located so I was able to see the Metro+ at two different dealers here and I really like the looks of it. They were just assembling them but as you say, they have not updated their website yet but except for the frame looked very similar to the current one but no specs that I could see. They have talked about the Navigator for two years now so hopefully it will actually be here.

Just checked and the Navigator is on their website now listed as “coming soon”.

The new Metro+ with low step frame. It is necessary to shuttle through pictures to see them. The low step looks nice.

The Metro+ step thru is simply taking the Metro+ with 700c tires and making it a step through. The regular Metro that has always been a step thru retains the thicker Schwalbe tires on 26" rims. It's become a more confusing line up for consumers as there is also now (as of 2019) a Ui6+ which is essentially the step thru Metro with a few less features at a lower price point. Maybe they should rename it the Metro - (Minus) ?

I agree, it makes it more confusing now. The new Metro+ is a little higher step thru than the Metro as I looked and sat on one last week but no other differences that I could tell. I also saw their website now shows the Navigator that has been promised for past couoke of years but that seems to make things more confusing as it looks so similar to the others but there are no specs listed so not sure what else it brings to the table. I was hoping for maybe a mid drive or at least a torque sensor in the Navigator but I guess not.

Hi again. Just received my new Magnum Plus. It is a very handsome bike! I had been looking at the Surface 604 lineup but they seemed somehow too small for my 6’1” height. I look forward to getting out there when the rain stops!

Back