New Lumos Helmet Kickstarter

I would buy 1 in an instant if the brake and turn signal work correctly, need more time for the running lights for long weekend rides

Helmet lights seemed like a good idea to me when I first saw them offered, but I took notice of my body and head position while riding and I ride more bent forward with head slightly bent down. I don't know if this system would work for me.

Try the Torch T2. I've got the Torch T1 and I love it. Even with my more aggressive/forward riding position, the lights are very visible.

I have been hit by a car during the daytime while wearing my Torch helmet with LEDs on strobe, however. I think they're more visible at night.

Love the concept. It won't work for oncoming traffic as the only turn signals are in the back/side of the helmet

Love the concept. It won't work for oncoming traffic as the only turn signals are in the back/side of the helmet

Yes but their website shows that it does have flashing white strobe lights on the front of the helmet for visibility to oncoming traffic. I'm more concerned about who's behind me that I can't see and maybe doesn't see me. My main concern is the fit. Every bike helmet feels different to me and this is only available in up to large. I'd need to try it on first to make sure it would fit my pumkin head, lol.

Yes, I did note those flashing strobe lights. I was only referring to showing turn signals to potential oncoming traffic. Like if you are going to make a left turn, you want the traffic coming towards you to know you will be turning. I can imagine at night that could be a bit problematic unless you happen to be in a well-lit intersection.

I like the idea, but I'm not a fan of having a helmet do anything other than provide head protection. After hearing about how the mount for a GoPro camera attached to Michael Schumacher's helmet contributed to his coma, I'm keeping my helmet accessory-free. Even though these lights are integrated, their presence must reduce the amount of the crush zone in the areas where the components are located.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-14/schumacher-brain-injury-linked-to-gopro-camera/5813874

Last edited:
Back