New longtail cargo bikes from French brands Moustache and O2Feel

Dewey

Region
USA
City
Arlington, Virginia
Hat tip to @TrevorB for mentioning the 2021 Moustache Lundi 20, a Tern GSD competitor with the same 20" wheel size and ability to tip up on its rear rack for storage.
mb-22-lundi-20-5-dual-08-750x563.jpg

Another French brand O2Feel also recently launched another longtail model the Equo Cargo. Like other brands XtraCycle, Radio Flyer, Madsen, and Yuba, O2Feel have gone with a larger front wheel, smaller 20" rear wheel design
Equo-Cargo-Boost-3.1-3-4-D.jpg

The smaller rear wheel is popular for transporting kids. They can more easily climb off and on. It also puts the weight lower. A larger than usual chainring is required with the smaller rear wheel so you do not spin out on the pedals. Here is a Yuba Sweet Curry that I made Spicy.

Attachments

• SpicyCurry06.JPG
    SpicyCurry06.JPG
    346.2 KB · Views: 267
  • SpicyCurry07.JPG
    SpicyCurry07.JPG
    488 KB · Views: 202
  • SpicyCurry08.JPG
    SpicyCurry08.JPG
    385.3 KB · Views: 202
  • SpicyCurry12.JPG
    SpicyCurry12.JPG
    365.4 KB · Views: 206
Here is a Yuba Sweet Curry that I made Spicy.
Well done on the battery placement, did you fabricate the mounting bracket yourself? I recall a 3rd party seller a few years ago sold an L-shaped bracket to mount a battery behind the seatpost to convert the former Yuba Boda pedal model, on the Kombi pedal model that replaced it there seems just enough space to fit a battery on the downtube though it looks like it might be a tight squeeze for a larger case.
YUBA-Kombi-Yellow_Sideview_960x960.jpg

Well done on the battery placement, did you fabricate the mounting bracket yourself? I recall a 3rd party seller a few years ago sold an L-shaped bracket to mount a battery behind the seatpost to convert the former Yuba Boda pedal model, on the Kombi pedal model that replaced it there seems just enough space to fit a battery on the downtube though it looks like it might be a tight squeeze for a larger case.
YUBA-Kombi-Yellow_Sideview_960x960.jpg
Thanks. All I did on that one was to use Topeak Versa Mounts. They fit the SF Giants color scheme and take three minutes to install. On some cargo bikes I will use RivNuts. That is a pain and runs some risk. The Topeak's only work for smaller batteries. Or you need to make a custom cage, as with this recumbent.
1637619160725.png

1637619315738.jpeg

Back