New Lectric XPremium

JoJoEd

Region
USA
I have had my new Lectric XPremium bike for about a month and I wanted to give a quick review. I love the bike but I had some issues right out of the box. First, was my back tire would not hold air and my mid drive motor seemed to be crunching gears when I was not peddling. I emailed Lectric and they were very good at getting back to me. They sent me a replacement tire and upon closer inspection my gears needed adjusting. Took my bike to my local sho`p

My cat hit my keyboard.... anyway. My bike shop took good care of me. I put a phone holder on the handle bars and this caused some issues with the "on/off" switch working, so I took it off and things seem to be working better. I was in a bad motorcycle accident and I cannot straighten one of my arms all the way, so the handle bars were a bit too far for me. Looked on line and found a "youtube" segment which showed how to turn the handle bars around and get them 5" closer to your body. I did this and it really helped. I am satisfied with the bike. I would give it a B- rating but the customer service from Lectric was an A.

An update on the XPremium. The PAS function has been giving me trouble for the last week. It will not engage initially on the ride and sometimes takes a 1/2 mile to engage. The throttle acceleration without peddling works fine. I tried to jiggle the wires coming out of the display and it does not seem to help. I saw on the forum where another person contacted Lectric and they replaced the display and it cleared things up. I contacted Lectric Customer Service this morning and described my issue. Elizabeth was very helpful and Lectric is sending me out an new display. I will update when I get it. I did a little custom painted on my XPremium....

Attachments

• XPremium.jpg
    XPremium.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 254
That PAS issue seems to be common with Lectric bikes. I have a few friends who ride them and they primarily use the throttle since they tell me the pedal assist is rather unreliable. Please post again if the display replacement resolved this for you.

That PAS issue seems to be common with Lectric bikes. I have a few friends who ride them and they primarily use the throttle since they tell me the pedal assist is rather unreliable. Please post again if the display replacement resolved this for you.
I received the new display from Lectric very quickly and I installed it on my bike. Things are currently working as they should. I think Lectic needs to take a step back a bit and work on their quality so the bike is rock solid from the day it is unpacked. If I get another e-bike I will research all brands and probably switch to another brand. I looked at Juiced and they look good. Anyone have one of these bikes and how is the quality?

41+ Miles today. Did 42 Miles on it today. Meter still says 47% battery Pas 3 Gear 5 is what use. Picked this up on Tucson FB marketplace for 700 bucks for the GF the other day. Previous Female Owner said it was too heavy for her. 20 miles on it. Still had the tags on it! Second E-Bike. Seems to work great. Unlocked to stage 3 had it to 29+. Figured 700.00 was good seen used regular single batteries going for the same or more. Other bike is a Hovsco Alpha with almost 500 miles on it. The XPremium comes with two 499.2Wh. batteries and a 500W (800W Peak) motor. The Alpha has a 750W motor with a 960Wh high- 48V 20Ah capacity integrated battery.

Attachments

• DSCN0119.JPG
    DSCN0119.JPG
    589.9 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCN0120.JPG
    DSCN0120.JPG
    475.8 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCN0121.JPG
    DSCN0121.JPG
    691.9 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN0122.JPG
    DSCN0122.JPG
    484.8 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN0153.JPG
    DSCN0153.JPG
    459 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN0065.JPG
    DSCN0065.JPG
    555.6 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN3928.JPG
    DSCN3928.JPG
    367.7 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN3977.JPG
    DSCN3977.JPG
    474.3 KB · Views: 152
Yeah $700 is a steal for a basically-new XPremium! I bought mine with 130mi on the clock and the seller wouldn't budge from $1300.

@JoJoEd can you post a link to the youtoob video? I'm a bit tall for the bike, 6'4", and I've put an extra-long seat stem on it so I have enough leg room. But that makes the handlebars a bit of a reach.

EDIT: nevermind @JoJoEd, I found a good video!

Last edited:
Back