New Haibike Trekking 9.0

iabob

Hello all, just joined. Got my first couple hundred miles on my new Haibike. I haven’t rode a bicycle this much in 30 years. Life is good!
F26D83BC-AC3C-45B4-B5C3-7C4A74C7D386.jpeg

Welcome kabob, that is a nice looking bike and a good one at that. On your travels, if you see something interesting, take photos and post them. Good luck.

Welcome kabob, that is a nice looking bike and a good one at that. On your travels, if you see something interesting, take photos and post them. Good luck.
I certainly will. Having been away from bicycles for many years, I’m amazed at the trail development that’s taken place, and the number of eating and drinking establishments with patios backing up to the trails. As I said to friends, I overbought on the bike, it’s more than I need. But I wanted the versatility of something that can commute close to traffic speeds and go off pavement and be comfortable. I’ve been exploring paved, gravel, and dirt trails so far.
BDAF0DCD-00E4-420E-A8E1-23449F3BB859.jpeg
3D5D97C8-5C7D-4583-866E-92A928325D2B.jpeg
A9D921FA-E59B-4433-8267-EFFC70D14A0A.jpeg
550FB313-F27D-46C3-9913-B452AE326575.jpeg
BA114A46-39C1-4586-9D45-709DFFB2BCEE.jpeg

Thanks for the beautiful photos and keep them coming. Don’t be concerned about over like you said, overbuying. In short time, you will be happy that you did. You will grow into it. Keep onriding and have fun.

Nice pics! I'm curious to hear what you think of how the bike and Super Moto-x tires handles the gravel and dirt.

99% of my riding is on paved roads and paths so the tires have felt a little squirrelly to me when I've gotten into loose gravel.

Nice pics! I'm curious to hear what you think of how the bike and Super Moto-x tires handles the gravel and dirt.

99% of my riding is on paved roads and paths so the tires have felt a little squirrelly to me when I've gotten into loose gravel.
A little squirrely yes, but I kinda like the adrenaline boost that comes with squirrely :) I did get myself in a little over my head exploring a single track trail that was very steep and not well maintained last week. A couple things amazed me. One, in granny gear and turbo mode I powered up some muddy STEEP incline that didn’t seem possible. And on the way back down hydraulic disc brakes kept me from eating dirt. I won’t hesitate to take gravel, but I don’t think I’ll do that particular dirt trail again.

Back