New forum member from UK

Kentish Man

Region
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.

I have finally joined up after lurking on the site for quite a while. This is such a good forum and so informative and has a truly international flavour. It is now part of my daily routine to see what new and existing topics are being discussed. It is fair to say that rarely do I look and find there is nothing that interests me on that particular occasion.

I first rode an e-bike at a trade fair in Germany around fifteen years ago and was smitten by the concept straight away but it took until this year for me to take the plunge. I am glad that I waited so long, since the modern e-bike is now so sophisticated and such a joy to ride.

The bike I bought is a Vado SL 5.0 EQ and it is just so satisfying to ride and puts a big smile on my face every time I ride. I have "modified" it by adding a Redshift ShockStop suspension seat post, a Brooks leather saddle, Brooks leather Ergon GP1 handlebar grips and a Racktime Tallis Plus rear bag that clips neatly on the rack. I soon found out that you can't just buy one bike for yourself and soon afterwards and to my eyes a beautiful (I accept not everyone would agree) Riese & Muller Swing3 in Salvia Matte was bought for my wife a couple of months ago. To say she likes it very much would be a complete understatement. Funnily enough the two bikes, although very different in looks, character and riding style, compliment themselves extremely well. On the flat, If I work hard I am quicker, but not by much, and on the hills I really get some serious exercise if I have any chance of keeping up with her, so it is always a challenge and the main reason that I bought the SL in the first case. All in all a complete "win win" situation all round! - Happy Christmas everyone!

Kentish,
Welcome aboard. Your story is similar to mine. Test rode my first ebike 5-6 years ago and was hooked within 5 minutes! I too waited and watched until the technology changed.
You are fortunate to have a cycling partner and you both can ride at same speed 😄🚴🏼‍♀️🚴🏾‍♂️😀.
Many wonderful miles and smiles to you both.

Hi Kentishman,I'm from the East Mids but get down to your end occasionally to see family.What trails do you use as I will be bringing my ebike with me down to Deal soon?Am looking forward to exploring the South East very soon.Happy riding.

Back