New "Flat-Less" Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tyres for 2014

Hey Charly,
all us Dash riders appreciate your assistance and information. Court, the value of this site is so high, thanks once again for maintaining it.
Question, are concerned that the Schraeders may not fit through the valve holes in the rim?

Hey Charly,
all us Dash riders appreciate your assistance and information. Court, the value of this site is so high, thanks once again for maintaining it.
Question, are concerned that the Schraeders may not fit through the valve holes in the rim?
I want to echo Brian's accolades and appreciation. The members here and the site itself have saved me so much time (and money) not to mention the confidence that I (now) have in the product itself plus all the accessories recommended with it.
I wondered about the difference in the two valves myself yet more in terms of why going with the Ride-On product required switching to the Schraeder valve.
"..Also, I ordered Schwalbe AV19 inner tubes because I'm switching to Schraeder type valves.
I'm doing that because I want to use Ride-On Tire Sealant for bicycles...."
Edit: I see that they do not work with Presta valves

Last edited:
Also, just to show we are paying attention,
xxcycles.com won't work for me, nor xxcycles.fr, but xxcycle.fr will.

Hey Charly,
There are two holes in the Dash rim since it is a double walled rim. The inner hole is already the Schraeder size hole. The outer hole I will enlarge using a 21/64" drill bit.

I wondered about the difference in the two valves myself yet more in terms of why going with the Ride-On product required switching to the Schraeder valve.
For one, the presta valve core is usually not removable making it very hard to fill with the sealant.
With schraeder you remove the inner core when you fill with sealant. It's very easy to do. Ride-On even states that their product should not be used with presta valves. Personally, I don't like presta very much. I'm so used to schraeder valves. When I repaired my flat the other day I found it difficult to work with the presta, even though I had the presta to schraeder adapters.

Thanks, Charly...I edited my post above at the same time you were typing and appreciate your thoughts on the difference between the two (never dealt with the Presta valve).

Also, I have on order a couple of Schraeder to Presta rim hole adapter nuts. That way if I want to use my presta tubes, such as for backup in case of a flat, I can. The adapter nuts have a flange to reduce the hole size for the presta valve. There are a variety of rim hole adapters (some are rubber inserts) that allow switching back and forth between schraeder and presta. Best of both worlds.

...there you go again...reminding me of something else that I will need after drilling that 21/64 hole that you recommended.
Not sure how my OEM tires would be worth anything at all (afterwards) without your input.

Hey Charly,
Doing my best! Thanks for contributing here, the site wouldn't offer much value without great members ;)

Doing my best! Thanks for contributing here, the site wouldn't offer much value without great members ;)

Court,
It was your videos that got me started learning about Izip bikes. You do a great job with your reviews and those videos are really fun to watch. And it was your videos that gave me the link to this site. So all the fun I'm having with my Dash has a lot to do with the fantastic work you've done for the electric bikes.

Court,
It was your videos that got me started learning about Izip bikes. You do a great job with your reviews and those videos are really fun to watch. And it was your videos that gave me the link to this site. So all the fun I'm having with my Dash has a lot to do with the fantastic work you've done for the electric bikes.
I couldn't have said it better or added a thing. Your review sold me on this bike (didn't know you from Adam; then didn't even 'make the connection' to this site) which introduced me to Charly, Ravi, Brian, Kyle, others that I should mention...which gave me a crash course on everything I needed to know (instantly).

I feel very blessed to have this resource as I can say with confidence that I wouldn't have bought our Dash without it (let alone saved major money or purchased the correct accessories with those new found funds). Hate for these accolades to be buried in a 'tire' thread... yet they certainly deserve repeating.

Much appreciated all! I've got a whole bunch of new reviews on the way and am excited for Interbike this September. Is anyone here planning to check it out in Vegas? Also! I may be setting up an electric bike rally ride and camping overnight with @Chandlee EBS and others in Georgia... It could become an annual thing where people who love ebikes get together and have a fun ride :)

@Court, keep me in mind for the Georgia thing. With me living in South Carolina, the event may be close enough for me to swing it. Assuming, of course, that I can find a bike carrier for my car that will work with 1) a very heavy bike, and 2) a bike with the drop tube (a.k.a. "girl bike"). :)

@Court, keep me in mind for the Georgia thing. With me living in South Carolina, the event may be close enough for me to swing it. Assuming, of course, that I can find a bike carrier for my car that will work with 1) a very heavy bike, and 2) a bike with the drop tube (a.k.a. "girl bike"). :)
I am currently trying out the Prorack, (here on Amazon) and while not quite ready to review it I am using it and will offer up the complete review in a few days. While it is a two bike rack rated for 40 lb bikes I am using it for only one E bike which is 62 lbs all up and probably 50 lbs with the battery/lock/panniers off. I think it is going to work fine but does require a hitch.

We're needing to get a hitch on my wife's SUV anyway, so this is just one more reason to get it sooner! Thanks, and I look forward to your review.

Back