New Electric Bike Companies That Have Opened Business

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys! Per the wonderful suggestion by @Taylor57 on the thread about ebike companies that have gone out of business... I created this thread to help us keep track of and support brand new companies! This can be a useful resource as time goes on, for us to see all of the new designs and share a bit about where and how these new companies started! Please share any electric bike companies you know of that have opened recently, or that you think nobody has heard of yet. It's wonderful if you can share more info like their name, a link to their website, when they started, where they are based, and where they are selling (like shops, online, both?!). I'll start things off:
  • Benno Bikes - created by Benno Baenziger in 2015 after he sold his older company Electra Bicycles to Trek.
  • DŌST Bikes - created by Sam Atakhanov in 2019 after Surface 604 was sold (where he was a lead designer and manager).
  • RIZE Bikes - created by "Ace" in 2019 after a brand transition from Spark Bikes, which was created in 2017.

Hey guys! Per the wonderful suggestion by @Taylor57 on the thread about ebike companies that have gone out of business... I created this thread to help us keep track of and support brand new companies! This can be a useful resource as time goes on, for us to see all of the new designs and share a bit about where and how these new companies started! Please share any electric bike companies you know of that have opened recently, or that you think nobody has heard of yet. It's wonderful if you can share more info like their name, a link to their website, when they started, where they are based, and where they are selling (like shops, online, both?!). I'll start things off:
  • Benno Bikes - created by Benno Baenziger in 2015 after he sold his older company Electra Bicycles to Trek.
  • DŌST Bikes - created by Sam Atakhanov in 2019 after Surface 604 was sold (where he was a lead designer and manager).
  • RIZE Bikes - created by "Ace" in 2019 after a brand transition from Spark Bikes, which was created in 2017.

Interesting list... we will continue to add as we hear of new companies.

I hadn't heard much about Promovec before reading this BRAIN article. I was interested to read the Promovec branded mid-drive uses both torque and speed pedal assist sensors. Promovec's HQ is in Denmark, and they import geared hub and mid-drive motors as both OEM equipment and as kits to the EU and US markets. They also do original design work, two of their patents from this year were for a one-way clutch for a motor supporting a coaster brake and for grip mounted controls/display. Their presence in the US is supported by HLC (formerly Hawley-Lambert) with offices in Pennsylvania and South Carolina. Currently there appear to be at least two OEM ebike brands on sale in the US using Promovec motors, the TrioBike Boxter rear drive cargo bike, which is also from a Danish company but distributed in the US from Austin, TX, uses a Promovec hub motor, while Evo ebikes which is another HLC brand distributed in the US from Lexington, SC, use both Promovec's hub and mid-drive motors depending on the model. Some of the Evo models are rebranded for the US or EU markets, for example an Evo Kallio is the same as a Batribike Gamma, an Evo Fitzroy is a Batribike Zeta, etc.

Last edited:
Would love to see forums for companies like Euphree, Gas Gas, Husquvana, etc. There are some pretty large players that are not represented here, yet you have some that practically no one's ever heard of & have had no activity for a couple of years. Maybe time to clean it up/ update the Forum options?

Back