New ecotric 20" fat tire

Hi, Woody
Will you have this new model assembled by a qualified bonded ebike mechanic ?
I did not, & my took chances
Consider what your new beauty is already damaged by one of the shippers or has some defect? -($ insurance claim)
Ex : Velofix
Then if there is any problem you will not be delayed from your first ride.
Read this forum, good luck
Mike
What are you talkinh about?

I received the 36V version a year ago. Here's what I posted back then...I'm pretty familiar with bicycles though, and know the simple ebikes well,

"Assembly is easy. Mount the front wheel. Adjust the disks. Pivot the steering tube and latch it. Slip the handlebars thru the stem and lock them down. Attach the front fender. Screw in pedals (the only provided tool was a pedal wrench). Some trivial items were the faux leather grips mounted upside down, and I will have to rotate the controls. Likewise, the LED control is off by 45 degrees. The steerer stem is also off by a bit. When I find my allen wrench set, I'll fix all of that and adjust the brakes. "

I did receive mine with the seat post peeking out of the box. Nothing was amiss though, They also sent the wrong color, but that worked in my favor as we agreed on 10% price correction.

Bike is problem free, although I opened up the controller and didn't re-seal it well, allowing water to get inside. I caught that before it damaged anything. I then upgraded to better controller with LCD, but the old one still works.

Attachments

• P1110280.JPG
    P1110280.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 354
Well cancel that! Just got an email that they are out of stock after they said they had them and i paid for it. So i cancelled my order. I guess ill keep looking.

My wife's came in with some scratches on the down-tube. It was the 36v 500 step thru 20" fattie. I'm afraid the shipping issues are shipping carrier, not the shipper and not brand specific. Like Harry, the bike has been great and Ecotric adjusted the price for me to cover the cosmetic damage. ( It is unnoticeable now, after I sanded and sprayed the area). If you don't find another bike, don't be afraid to get on the list with Ecotric.

My wife's came in with some scratches on the down-tube. It was the 36v 500 step thru 20" fattie. I'm afraid the shipping issues are shipping carrier, not the shipper and not brand specific. Like Harry, the bike has been great and Ecotric adjusted the price for me to cover the cosmetic damage. ( It is unnoticeable now, after I sanded and sprayed the area). If you don't find another bike, don't be afraid to get on the list with Ecotric.
Ya, i really wanted the one that upgraded to the s900 controller and the 48v battery. I don't feel like waiting for a month for one though. I guess that one was not meant to be.

Ya, i really wanted the one that upgraded to the s900 controller and the 48v battery. I don't feel like waiting for a month for one though. I guess that one was not meant to be.
I happened to get lucky and ordered mine through Amazon which came 3 days later. Finished a quick intro review (
) and in the process of doing a more extended one along with a couple range tests. Packaging was impeccable and scratch free, took about 2 hours for me to build since I’m not mechanically inclined...

I ended up ordering the new CSC FT750-26. Shipped out to me today. can't wait. Im glad my order didn't go through.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 7.30.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 7.30.12 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 407
yes it is more money. But you get what you pay for. And the big one for me was support. these guys are located right in California. They were quick to answer all my email questions even though they were not open. That right there says a lot about what your getting. has a one year warrantee. And the bike looks awesome! Has Hydraulic brakes, head light tail light, bell, great Kenda Juggernaut Sport, 26 x 4 inches tires. Hidden battery in the front down tube which makes the bike look so good. I am supper stocked to get it. Check out the setup video and how the battery is hidden and can be taken out too. Oh and I like how the cables are hidden in the tubes, just looks much neater.

That 750 looks sweet. You might want to create a thread with a review so there is a reference for others looking at that brand.

That 750 looks sweet. You might want to create a thread with a review so there is a reference for others looking at that brand.
I may do that when I receive it. Its pretty new. the bike just got released a few weeks ago for sale. I love how they hid the battery in the frame. Most people wont even know its electric.

Back