New e-Rad Conversion

View attachment 4272 I just fixed everything that wrong or broken with my new bike fat tire e-bike: during assembly, accidently over tightened headset cap and inert vertu ally loosen headset bearings, hydraulic breaks incorrectly installed and not adjusted properly, and finally, a thorn gave me a flat tire on first real test ride. Despite all my set backs, it 100 percent complete, including a upgraded cushiony seat. Next time, I'm I am considering ordering from a dealer's bike store.... l will give it a proper test ride next week, day off....So far, seems a fun bike to ride!!!!
Give me a call Sal. I would like to talk to you about the brakes. 480 382 0665

Well, I found having that throttle is useful. I use mine after I come out of the brew pub . There is nothing like a good, cold beer on nitro after riding a 25 miler with pedal assist. Just kind of creep on home on the back pathways. It's nice!
Like your bike! Enjoy!

Hi Biff. Thanks for commenting on this older thread. I'm just wrapping up my second New England season with this bike and I has been completely trouble free. Regarding the throttle I think I've stayed true to my original inclination and have only used it a handful of times in 2 years when I needed a quick burst of power to escape a traffic knot.

I was just singing the praises of electrified bikes to a road rider at a holiday party last night. My standard line is "all of the joy of a bicycle ride with none of the struggle". He was intrigued. I don't see myself going back to a non-powered bicycle for any significant amount of distance, e-bikes are just too much fun.

I did buy my wife a lovely bicycle last xmas with the intention of converting it to electric but so far she is resisting :) Maybe this coming year.

Enjoy your rides as well!

Back