New e-biker, I thought I would never go back to pedaling after owning a motorcycle.

Linkjunky

One ride on the Specialized and I’m hooked. Got a Turbo Vado 1.0 added the fenders and rack. The work stand arrives today. I hope what I plan to do doesn’t void the warranty. I want to have ten gears instead of eight. Anyway I have enjoyed all the research done on the you tube and look forward to more postings. 6A131956-6950-419D-9EBF-958BACBC12B9.jpeg

If you’re concerned about keeping warranty coverage intact it would be wise to inquire first. Personally I suspect any alteration to the “as sold” drive train components would in fact likely void the warranty...
Welcome back to biking and enjoy the rides!

+1 ... I've been riding motorcycles for 30+ years and last weekend, I decided to go out on the e-bike in the morning instead of my Triumph Tiger....go figure :)

Last edited:
I was wondering if the warranty is something that I should download. LBS hasn’t provided one. We didn’t even discuss it.

I have my motorcycle for sale now. Going to use the proceeds to purchase an ebike and Kuat platform rack.

One ride on the Specialized and I’m hooked. Got a Turbo Vado 1.0 added the fenders and rack. The work stand arrives today. I hope what I plan to do doesn’t void the warranty. I want to have ten gears instead of eight. Anyway I have enjoyed all the research done on the you tube and look forward to more postings. View attachment 32779

Great looking bike. I’ve always loved white bikes.
Careful making modifications on an ebike. Yes it’s possible you may void the warranty. And maybe after riding it a while you may decide making those gears changes aren’t necessary.
Happy miles!

You may be able to get around the warranty issue if you deal with a bike manufacturer who will send warranty parts directly to you without going through a LBS.

I changed my gears from deore to deore XT and upgraded seat stem and bar ends but admit I stayed at the same speed. Giant still upheld my warranty.

As it turns out, it must be perfect gearing. I’m lovin’ it. There is no gain available above what I get out of it now. Just turn down the boost and enjoy the ride. Rollin

Back