New CrossCurrent S hub motor is knocking.

Kilogttam

I've contacted support already but I've got 24-48 hours before I hear back. How does Juiced resolve issues like this?

My wife's Pedego had a similar problem. It turned out to be bad bearings in the motor. Pedego sent a new rear wheel assembly. Not the tire, we just put the old tire on the new wheel. It's a lot easier to do it this way, instead of sending the motor only and having to re-lace the spokes etc. I'm guessing -- don't know for a fact -- that Juiced would handle it the same way. Please share your outcome with us.

My wife's Pedego had a similar problem. It turned out to be bad bearings in the motor. Pedego sent a new rear wheel assembly. Not the tire, we just put the old tire on the new wheel. It's a lot easier to do it this way, instead of sending the motor only and having to re-lace the spokes etc. I'm guessing -- don't know for a fact -- that Juiced would handle it the same way. Please share your outcome with us.
That's encouraging, thanks. Juiced does seem like a reputable brand so hopefully they'll treat me similarly. I'll be sure to update the post with the eventual outcome.

My rear wheel is back at Juiced being fixed for the same problem. If you don't have your original box, a double thickness wardrobe box from a self-storage will fit the wheel. The axle prevents a standard bike wheel box from fitting.

My rear wheel is back at Juiced being fixed for the same problem. If you don't have your original box, a double thickness wardrobe box from a self-storage will fit the wheel. The axle prevents a standard bike wheel box from fitting.
I'll be curious as to how long it takes them to get your wheel back to you. I decided to wait until they have spares stocked in the warehouse, then I just have to pay a deposit to get them to ship it to me before getting mine. I didn't really feel like being without my bike for what will probably be at least a couple weeks, since I'm on the east coast.

I'll be curious as to how long it takes them to get your wheel back to you. I decided to wait until they have spares stocked in the warehouse, then I just have to pay a deposit to get them to ship it to me before getting mine. I didn't really feel like being without my bike for what will probably be at least a couple weeks, since I'm on the east coast.
I wish I knew that was an option... after requesting this repeatedly from Support the only option I was given was sending it in. It's been there a week now. I'll let you know when I get it back. Sounds like they got a bad batch of motors from Bafang.

I wouldn't have thought to ask if I hadn't seen someone else on a Juiced Facebook page say they did the same. They probably used to offer it as an option when stock wasn't so low. I just hope I'm not waiting until October for a motor.

Update #2 - finally got word that they'll
have a replacement wheel to ship me on the 27th. Curious as to whether Bosus ever got theirs back from being serviced.

Oh okay so I guess they just swap your wheel out for a new one no matter which way you go. That sucks you've been out a bike for so long! I'd be asking for free stuff or something.
Yeah, the real loss is that it makes it hard for me to recommend Juiced to friends. My first ebike was a RadCity, and while the specs are considerably below those of the Juiced (hence the upgrade) I recommend Rad to friends without hesitation due to their service reputation and the fact that I've had zero problems with my mine. A poor reputation for customer support is extremely expensive for an online-only business, so I hope Juiced gets this sorted out quickly, because I really like their product.

Yeah, the real loss is that it makes it hard for me to recommend Juiced to friends. My first ebike was a RadCity, and while the specs are considerably below those of the Juiced (hence the upgrade) I recommend Rad to friends without hesitation due to their service reputation and the fact that I've had zero problems with my mine. A poor reputation for customer support is extremely expensive for an online-only business, so I hope Juiced gets this sorted out quickly, because I really like their product.
I totally agree. As much as I enjoy seeing Juiced's new product videos -- they've been coming out with some great stuff -- for the long term, improving their customer service would be the best investment they could make. For a while it was distribution; seems they've got that fixed. They should put the same attention into service as they do to development.

This is an issue that effects a small number of the Bafang cassette motors. Very few companies use the higher-end cassette version which allows 9 and 10 speeds Shimano compatible setups. Most companies use the lower end freewheel limited to 7 speeds but from our knowledge does not exhibit this behavior.

We have worked with our supplier to resolve this issue, and the part to correct the effected units just got flown in from China. We also put in place a check prior to the bikes going out in the field.

We have a full staff of dedicated service personnel working with customers from anything from shipping damage to tracking down serial numbers for stolen bikes. We are sorry it took longer than anyone should wait, but this is the maximum speed we can move at the moment for this particular issue.

I absolutely understand your frustration, but that's still reasonable service, especially considering the smaller company.

To put some perspective on this, it took Haibike EU close to 4 months to replace my defective rear wheel. And that's for a simple 700C wheel with no motor. Two acquaintances have had drives replaced: 3 months for one, and 5 for the other.

I'd gladly trade in my horrible EU Haibike service for yours. I simply don't understand how it could take an industry leader 4 months to replace a rear wheel that costs them a mere 30 euros, but I can easily see why it might take a month for a smaller company to replace a rear wheel with an electric drive. Juiced might have had to order the parts and then lace the wheel. Given that they have a limited number of employees, it's still something that computes with me. But what I've seen from Haibike EU simply doesn't. My warranty coverage is so bad that if my Yamaha drive breaks, I'll immediately buy a new bike instead of waiting for the existing one to be fixed. I trust neither my LBS or Haibike to make any effort to shorten the downtime.

There's a paradox on this forum. When an industry leader provides service that's excruciatingly bad, hardly anybody says a word about it. And those who dare to speak up find that their comments are often downplayed and minimized. But when a smaller company whose bikes are much cheaper provides service with a delay but that's still reasonable, the tolerance bar is suddenly placed much higher.

Comparing Juiced's service to Rad is only meaningful if you also compare it to what the other players in the industry are doing. Rad's support is no doubt very good, but that doesn't mean that the one provided by Juiced is horrible.
Agreed. But Juiced is in competition with Rad much more than Haibike, because their pricing is more or less the same. So that's the bar they have to reach -- an appropriate simile for a company run by an Olympic high jumper. ;)

This is an issue that effects a small number of the Bafang cassette motors. Very few companies use the higher-end cassette version which allows 9 and 10 speeds Shimano compatible setups. Most companies use the lower end freewheel limited to 7 speeds but from our knowledge does not exhibit this behavior.

We have worked with our supplier to resolve this issue, and the part to correct the effected units just got flown in from China. We also put in place a check prior to the bikes going out in the field.

We have a full staff of dedicated service personnel working with customers from anything from shipping damage to tracking down serial numbers for stolen bikes. We are sorry it took longer than anyone should wait, but this is the maximum speed we can move at the moment for this particular issue.
Since I've said so often that I believe service to be the biggest hurdle at present for Juiced Bikes' continued success, I'm glad to hear that you've staffed up to address the situation. I understand that those who are unhappy with their service tend to post more than people who just got what they expected and moved on, but there have been enough of those on the forum to affect the image Juiced has. I hope, like the distribution situation earlier this year, this is a thing of the past.

I knew going in that I may have issues buying a bicycle direct order from an online company and was aware of some of the negative feedback people have given the customer support, but it's the dedication to improving as a company and belief in your products that comes across in videos and interviews that made me comfortable buying a Juiced. Shipping things from China takes a long time, that's just the way it is. I'm looking forward to hearing back from CS to arrange shipment of my replacement wheel.. been having an absolute blast on it in the mean time by the way, despite the noisy bearings. Thanks to you and the whole team, I wish you continued success!

I knew going in that I may have issues buying a bicycle direct order from an online company and was aware of some of the negative feedback people have given the customer support, but it's the dedication to improving as a company and belief in your products that comes across in videos and interviews that made me comfortable buying a Juiced. Shipping things from China takes a long time, that's just the way it is. I'm looking forward to hearing back from CS to arrange shipment of my replacement wheel.. been having an absolute blast on it in the mean time by the way, despite the noisy bearings. Thanks to you and the whole team, I wish you continued success!

First, thanks for weighing in on this, Tora. Great to hear you've taken steps to prevent this for other customers. Happy to send you my support ticket details offline if that would be helpful to you.

I agree with you, Kilogttam, to a point - I was happy to tighten spokes and spend several weeks isolating and troubleshooting my defective wheel with Support after I received it in early July, because I knew that's what I was signing up for with an online ebike order. That's our part of the deal. I'd suggest Juiced's side of the deal is having proprietary spare parts on hand.

As for all the other discussion, it doesn't address my experience that I've had an open trouble ticket for this problem for 2.5 months (3 weeks to diagnose and the rest waiting), which is hard to get past when friends ask me what ebike brand I recommend. I know many of you are enthusiastic ambassadors for Juiced, and I'm looking forward to being one too as soon as I'm confident my friends won't have the experience I'm having.

Cheers!

FWIW, support only took 48 hours to get back to me and tell me what was wrong with my hub and offer a solution. Maybe you were patient zero. If I'd had your experience I would be less willing to recommend them as well. I believe they typically do or try to have parts stocked in the warehouses in the states, at least that's what support has indicated, but for whatever reason are/were low in stock.

Last edited:
First, thanks for weighing in on this, Tora. Great to hear you've taken steps to prevent this for other customers. Happy to send you my support ticket details offline if that would be helpful to you.

I agree with you, Kilogttam, to a point - I was happy to tighten spokes and spend several weeks isolating and troubleshooting my defective wheel with Support after I received it in early July, because I knew that's what I was signing up for with an online ebike order. That's our part of the deal. I'd suggest Juiced's side of the deal is having proprietary spare parts on hand.

As for all the other discussion, it doesn't address my experience that I've had an open trouble ticket for this problem for 2.5 months (3 weeks to diagnose and the rest waiting), which is hard to get past when friends ask me what ebike brand I recommend. I know many of you are enthusiastic ambassadors for Juiced, and I'm looking forward to being one too as soon as I'm confident my friends won't have the experience I'm having.

Cheers!
This is a great example of what I mean by criticism vs. whining. You've stated your case very well. I hope your problem is resolved soon and you can just enjoy your bike.

Back