New Commuter Ebike From Ride1Up... Dethrones Juiced CCS/X for Best Value?

Asher

EBR just reviewed the 700 Series e-bike from Ride1Up. I'd never heard of them before. In a number of ways, I feel like this is the bike the CCS should be, but Juiced stopped tweaking the CCS beyond moving to 52V.

Pros/Advantages:
*$1000 less than a CCX! $430 for a replacement battery vs $700 from Juiced for a smaller battery (48 V 14 ah vs 12.8 ah)
*Alloy fenders
* 27.5" wheels with 2.4" wide tires from Schwalbe and wider rims to compensate
* A bit more design finesse
* Integrated rear light and removable in-frame battery
* Ergonomic handlebar on the step-through model
* Shimano hydraulic brakes
* Ride1Up is updating the bike between batches (the founder says better/different pedals will be on future batches)

Disadvantages:
* 48V instead of 52V, ~700 wh instead of ~1,000 wh
* 7 speed vs 9 speed
* One size fits all :/ (understandable for a low volume startup though)
*500 W vs 750 W, though apparently they're switching to 750 W in March 2020 - source:

I'd love to see them do a '1000 series' with a 1kwh, 750+ watt, 10 speed bike, for $1,800-2,000 (though admittedly the 1kwh battery would be a challenge frame-wise).

It will be interesting to see how they fare and how Juiced responds.

Last edited:
Looks good, but I prefer my Juiced for a few reasons:

Higher top speed (I can get over 30mph on a full battery)
Torque and cadence sensor
Bigger battery
More tire options, due to it being 700cc

More tire options, due to it being 700cc

For fast slick wide tires, 27.5" options are about even if not better than 700C, because of all the gravel bikes using smaller wider tires. Schwalbe's only 2.8" tire only comes in 27.5", for instance. Depends on the tire model.

EBR just reviewed the 700 Series e-bike from Ride1Up. I'd never heard of them before. In a number of ways, I feel like this is the bike the CCS should be, but Juiced stopped tweaking the CCS beyond moving to 52V.

Looks more like super serious competition to the Radpower and DJ Bikes,

Back