New cable for the Dolphin's light

Kathy Smith

I need to mount the light on the handlebars and I pulled all the cable from the electrical box and it's still too short. Does anyone know where to buy such a cable? I went to Home Depot, DIY electronic store, electrical store, bike shop and no one has a cable that is that flexible, black, and is 22-2 gauge. Amazon is my last resort but that's kind of blind buying without seeing and feeling it. Does anyone know where else to try?

My OEM Wuxing headlight cable sheath is faintly embossed with 2 x 0.3mm(2), which might be closer to AWG 28-2 (at 0.32mm diameter) in the states (seems to be common with burglar alarms and stereo equip). The AWG 22 is twice as thick at 0.6452mm. I am no expert in these things though, having already had a misadventure with my own headlights. @Customstockz has an interesting full-tinker-mode custom light thread for his Rad Mini here if this is of interest, and is much better qualified than myself to confirm!

image0-3.jpeg

I need to mount the light on the handlebars and I pulled all the cable from the electrical box and it's still too short. Does anyone know where to buy such a cable? I went to Home Depot, DIY electronic store, electrical store, bike shop and no one has a cable that is that flexible, black, and is 22-2 gauge. Amazon is my last resort but that's kind of blind buying without seeing and feeling it. Does anyone know where else to try?
Would you happen to have a picture? I would like to see. if your looking for flexibility go with a silicone jacket wire.

My OEM Wuxing headlight cable sheath is faintly embossed with 2 x 0.3mm(2), which might be closer to AWG 28-2 (at 0.32mm diameter) in the states (seems to be common with burglar alarms and stereo equip). The AWG 22 is twice as thick at 0.6452mm. I am no expert in these things though, having already had a misadventure with my own headlights. @Customstockz has an interesting full-tinker-mode custom light thread for his Rad Mini here if this is of interest, and is much better qualified than myself to confirm!

View attachment 55980
Thanks, I got the right cable on Amazon and was able to rewire the light. All good here for now.

Back