New Bosch Products

Velome

For 2018 Bosch has a new battery that is considerably smaller than their current 500 watt battery as well as other products. A few months ago they also introduced a new computer called "Nyon" which can be retrofitted. Has anybody priced out the Nyon computer?
New Bosch battery 2018.jpg

Nylon Computer.jpg

Nylon Computer Explained.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent. How do you like it? Did you retrofit and if so I would like to know the price, if you don't mind sharing.

Is the NYON available here in the US? If not, it's what we call VAPORWARE. If it is, my apologies to BOSCH.

Here's another press release update that Bosch sent out the other day in preparation for Interbike. The summary is: the new Active Line Plus, Active Line and eMTB mode. With zero resistance, Active Line Plus will produce new eBikes that finally feel like riding a natural bicycle. Plus, the motors are much smaller, lighter, quieter and smoother than before. The eMTB Mode is also like an iOS update for your bike – riders unlock it just by updating their bike’s software. Active Line is similar to Active Line Plus, but smaller and lighter. You’ll find all the details in the attached, and here’s a few accompanying photos.

Bosch introducing two new systems and eMTB mode at Interbike
Reutlingen, Germany / Irvine, CA – Bosch eBike Systems North America (www.bosch-ebike.us) is highlighting two new systems and the new eMTB mode for the North American market for Model Year 2018. These innovations and more will be on display at Bosch’s Interbike 2017 booth (#17177) and available for experiencing first hand at the Interbike indoor test track “The Circuit” (#C11).

Active Line Plus: Quieter with zero resistance

From the days of launching our very first eBike system in Europe in 2010, Bosch’s goal has always been to make an eBike retain the natural feel of a traditional bicycle. The earliest generation of our product came close and quickly jump-started the “pedal-assist” eBike market in Europe. Our 2nd generation system came even closer and has been a big factor in the rise of pedal-assist eBikes in the US since 2014. Through non-stop innovation at our Stuttgart headquarters, our latest drive unit generation, dubbed Active Line Plus (ALP), closes the gap even further between an eBike and bicycle.

Key improvements:

Smaller: the drive unit is 20% smaller (volumetric) which enables bike designs with a cleaner / integrated look, to more closely resemble traditional bikes. With the ALP, the drive unit is one step closer to disappearing within the frame of the bike.

Lighter: the ALP drive unit weighs approximately 7.1 lbs, a weight reduction of 19% compared with last year’s Active and Performance Line drive units. Lighter eBikes handle better during the ride and are easier to transport after the ride – both key enablers to eBike market growth.

Whisper-quiet: the completely re-designed drive unit features a new quieter gear concept and electric motor. As you pedal on a quiet road, now you just hear the wind in your face.

Zero pedalling resistance: due to this new gear concept, when the motor is in “off” mode or the rider surpasses the drive’s cut-off speed, the rider feels no more resistance in the pedals than on a traditional bicycle.

Multiple front chain ring possible: previously, all Bosch drive units allowed only one chain ring. ALP now features the ability to offer multiple front chain rings, for bikes that need a wider range of gears.

Superior range: the ALP combined with the 500Wh battery achieves 51 miles range (mixed-modes, favorable conditions), and a max of 130 miles-plus range (Eco mode, ideal conditions). This is achieved through key features such as high motor efficiency and lower max torque (50 Nm), which is set deliberately lower than Performance Line to cater to commuters & more casual cyclists.

“The New Active Line Plus is our proudest achievement thus far for pavement-style eBikes,” said Claudia Wasko, General Manager of Bosch eBike Systems Americas. “Active Line Plus gives riders the fun of an eBike with the feel of a bicycle.”

Active Line: Lighter and smaller

The new Active Line has all the same key features as Active Line Plus with three key differences:

• 40 Nm of torque rather than 50 Nm.
  • Weight is even less at 6.4 lbs.
  • 5% percent smaller than ALP.
eMTB Mode for Performance Line CX

A mode for eMountain bikers: eMTB mode replaces the previous Sport mode of the Performance Line CX and switches between the Tour and Turbo riding modes. Depending on the pedal pressure, the progressive motor support automatically adapts to the individual’s riding style. Without changing gear, the motor always provides support at the ideal power level, even at low cadences. eMTB mode is available to dealers in the form of a software update.

“Our new eMTB mode is going to be a game changer for the e-mountain biker,” said Claudia Wasko, General Manager of Bosch eBike Systems Americas. “It takes trail riding to another level.”

Demo the future

Interbike 2017 show attendees will be able to demo many eBikes from Bosch’s new and existing brands at Outdoor Demo Day on Sept 18th and 19th and at the Bosch-sponsored indoor test track (“The Circuit”) on Sept 20th – 21st to try out Bosch’s new MY18 innovations. Dealers are also invited to attend seminars on eBike market trends, policy, technology, and more at the Bosch-sponsored “Electric Theatre”, located close to “The Circuit” Test Track, open Sept 20th and 21st 10AM – 5PM.

Photo 1: Active Line Plus

bosch-active-line-plus-motor.jpg

Photo 2: eMTB mode

bosch-purion-emtb-mode.png

About Bosch eBike Systems

A new generation of bikes is taking town and country by storm and is already a part of everyday life. eBikes are a modern means of transport for modern people: people in a hurry and people who prefer to take it easy, the fit and the comfort lovers, commuters and pleasure cyclists and, of course, young and old. The tailwind of technology-leading eBikes made by what are already more than 60 leading brands in Europe is powered by components that Bosch is developing to perfection. The Bosch portfolio ranges from the highly efficient drive unit (motor and gearbox) and high-quality batteries to a smart on-board and cycle computer that can be used intuitively. Perfect coordination of components holds the key to typical Bosch performance in terms of both comfort and efficiency.

Like other Bosch products, the eBike systems benefit from the Bosch Group’s technology and production know-how. From conception and engineering to manufacturing, marketing and after-sales service, Bosch eBike Systems constantly set new standards for the eBike industry. The Bosch Group’s experience in the areas of electric motors, sensor technology, displays and lithium-ion batteries ensures that Bosch eBike systems use technology that is invented for life and that eBike users have their fun.

For more information please visit www.bosch-ebike.com

About Bosch

The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. It employs roughly 390,000 associates worldwide (as of December 31, 2016). According to preliminary figures, the company generated sales of 73.1 billion euros in 2016. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. As a leading IoT company, Bosch offers innovative solutions for smart homes, smart cities, connected mobility, and connected industry. It uses its expertise in sensor technology, software, and services, as well as its own IoT cloud, to offer its customers connected, cross-domain solutions from a single source. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is “Invented for life.” The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 450 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 60 countries. Including sales and service partners, Bosch’s global manufacturing, engineering, and sales network covers nearly every country in the world. The basis for the company’s future growth is its innovative strength. At 120 locations across the globe, Bosch employs 59,000 associates in research and development.

Additional information is available online at www.bosch.com , www.iot.bosch.com , www.bosch-press.com , www.twitter.com/BoschPresse .

I was hoping for similar improvements (size and weight) to the speed motor. Is that next? They've done a nice job with the CX and now the Active Line/Plus.

I was hoping for similar improvements (size and weight) to the speed motor. Is that next? They've done a nice job with the CX and now the Active Line/Plus.
Hi guys were can i buy thiis bosch cx? I like to replace my broken performance line cx. For my haibike. Its better to buy more improve than before.

Hi guys were can i buy thiis bosch cx? I like to replace my broken performance line cx. For my haibike. Its better to buy more improve than before.

Arnel- That is a tall order being you are in the Philippines. The best way is to somehow hook up with a dealer that can assist with the swap/purchase of a new motor.
Just keep searching and sending emails to dealers and perhaps you will find someone that can help. That is my best guess. Good Luck!

Arnel- That is a tall order being you are in the Philippines. The best way is to somehow hook up with a dealer that can assist with the swap/purchase of a new motor.
Just keep searching and sending emails to dealers and perhaps you will find someone that can help. That is my best guess. Good Luck!
Thanks for advice. Hope someone notice my messages.

Back