NEW BBSHD M625 AND BBS02 M325

On a Windows machine this file should be found at c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ and is named 'hosts' with no extension.

It may need to be opened specially as an admin to allow modification. Usually what you do to it stays put (mine on this desktop has been intact since 2019 it seems), although a lot of programs (Spybot for example) make a ton of entries into it in order to neutralize potential evildoers.

Can you post a screen shot of the available parameters that can be adjusted?
I don't use it, i was in preparation just in case i received the new ultra, couple of days later it turned up and was a current model, no BESST needed so that branch of learning was pruned. The guy who can though is a member but i know he won't post. BESST also works with BBS models and is the easiest way to update firmware so i might just buy one anyway.

I don't use it, i was in preparation just in case i received the new ultra, couple of days later it turned up and was a current model, no BESST needed so that branch of learning was pruned. The guy who can though is a member but i know he won't post. BESST also works with BBS models and is the easiest way to update firmware so i might just buy one anyway.
We are talking about 2 completely different things. I'm talking about a user friendly (windows based) user interface the common guy is able to use and understand. No Linux required, and no previous knowledge of CANBUS or other programing language/knowledge required. There is no such thing at this point. If you believe there is, prove it, or stop patting yourself on the back for knowing something nobody else knows anything about.... Talk is cheap.....

We are talking about 2 completely different things. I'm talking about a user friendly (windows based) user interface the common guy is able to use and understand. No Linux required, and no previous knowledge of CANBUS or other programing language/knowledge required. There is no such thing at this point. If you believe there is, prove it, or stop patting yourself on the back for knowing something nobody else knows anything about.... Talk is cheap.....
Stop being silly, you'll get in over your head again, you're dunning kruger in effect, you don't even realise how or why your wrong so stop it, this is my generations knowledge accept you don't know and move on.

Hi, Guys,

We are one of the authorized internet dealers of M325/M625 motor kits, the motor kits have been improved with the cable protection, protocol, display, chainring....etc to fix the BBS01/02/HD installation issues. to help more people easily understand the advantage and disadvantage of the kits, we have prepared 3+ nice videos with Kyle from Bolton ebike, Micah from Electrek, Michael from Blue monkey bicycle, it will release to you guys in 2-3 weeks.

Any questions please join our Facebook group to discuss and improve it again and again together with Bafang. https://www.facebook.com/groups/bafangmotorkit

Thanks again.
Please tell us about the improved protocol?

soon we will know how good the new motor is!
He is going to do a Specialized build!

Late to the thread. I think I'd but more than one of those stainless hose clamps on there.
That stupid clamp has drawn quite a few comments..... none of which are very favorable.

Doug at California eBike created a stabilizer bar that is better looking and an be powder coated to blend in.
that was fast! its a good thing because that hose clamp just looks super cheesy imo.

that was fast! its a good thing because that hose clamp just looks super cheesy imo.
Stabilizer bars can be cheaply powder coated. Clamp can be painted too. One fella also used shrink tubing to protect the chainstay paint.

What do you guys think of the Bafang M625?
👎
Dedicated/proprietary battery, CANbuss, what's not to like? I'll be sticking with the BBSxx plan for the time being....

What are YOUR thoughts? Am I missing something that might outweigh/offset those 2 drawbacks?

I'll pass.
First I have PAS 1 to phase out at 5-8mph depending on gear selection which I use often so 12mph sucks.
My BBS02B can take that hill more aggressively if I chose with a 46/28 gear combo or nice and controlled with no problems.
And my throttle control is just as granular.
In other words... The stock unchangeable programming SUCKS
Battery info is nice, but not worth the other draw backs.

Last edited:
Back