New 700ST question

gkgeiger

While I'm patiently waiting for my bike I was wondering, what are the functions of the battery lock? My Rad has a 3 position lock, one to operate the bike, one to lock the bike (no power), and one to remove the battery.

IIRC (mine is out in the shed) the battery lock on the R1U 700 ST is just to lock the battery in place. So 2 position locked or unlocked. You do not need to have the key in the battery lock to use the bike.

I also recall that there is the choice to use a password in the display to 'lock out' the use by someone who does not know it (bike won't power up). You can choose to use this feature or not.

Remember, you don't have to enter a code - you can choose to use password 'lock' or not.

I most hate the bikes where you need to turn them on with the key, and then leave the key in!

On my Rad you can remove the key at any one of the three choices. When I stop at a place where I will be leaving the bike unattended, I just turn the key and lock it, remove the key and walk away after putting a lock on the bike. I guess it’s one of those to each his own,

Back