New 2021Homage and Nevo 3 on order

PeterK

My daughter's inheritance suffered a serious blow yesterday when I placed an order for a new Homage for me and a Nevo 3 for my wife. We are oldies (71 and 66) and relatively new to Ebiking. Early in the spring we purchased Gazelles but we have discovered that country roads in our area are in really rough shape and we also would like to do some gravel paths and gentle trails. The Gazelles are very capable machines but have very limited suspension and are more suited to good roads. The narrow tires also tended to dig in in soft sand causing instability. We have loved ebiking so decided to make the change. I would have liked for both of us to get full suspension bikes but my wife is short (5 foot 1 and a bit...) and there are no full suspension step through bikes in the small sizes. I am hopeful that the combination of bigger tires, front suspension and a thud buster will make a significant difference for her.

Both bikes are white and have Vario drive trains and Nyon displays I have opted for the single 625 battery but the only available battery in the small size Nevo is 500. We both will have the standard tires (may change if we do more off road stuff) and I have ordered mine with the dropper post. The bikes apparently will be built sometime in October and we have opted for air shipping (another ding to the inheritance) so hopefully will see the bikes here in Vancouver in early November. In past years we usually leave Vancouver in November and spend the winter in the California desert but with the border being currently closed and all the uncertainty we expect to spend at least the first few winter months in rainy Vancouver. Next investment will be good quality winter bike gear.

I have read extensively and learned much on these forums. There are some extremely knowledgeable folks here who share willingly and I much appreciate that. I expect to learn more and hope to be able to contribute as I get more experience on the bike.

The general tone and conversation here is much more civil than some other forums that I frequent - particularly the Harley Davidson one. (If you ever want to be both amused and dismayed I suggest you take a visit to their Political forum.......)

I have to give a big shout out to Kelly at Citrus Cycles in Ladysmith BC Kelly @ CitrusCycles.ca He is extremely knowledgeable, efficient and customer oriented. We have found it well worth taking the two hour ferry each way to visit his store and I recommend him highly. In contrast I am still waiting for the local Gazelle and R&M dealer to return my multiple calls and emails from the Spring

Last edited:
Congrats on the upcoming bikes. I ordered a Nevo3 before the Nyon was an option; my build week theoretically starts tomorrow. If it gets delayed again I will likely ask to change the order to incorporate the Nyon. I'm sure I will be able to scrape by with the Kiox otherwise.

I have watched quite a few of Kelly's videos and enjoy them. I still laugh thinking about one comment he made while test riding (I think) a Tinker in the rain. "There's no bad weather for biking, only bad clothes" or something to that effect. :) Have fun on your new bikes and post some photos when you get them.

I like Kelly’s test ride videos also. Congratulations on the purchase. Great investment in health and wellbeing.

My daughter's inheritance suffered a serious blow yesterday when I placed an order for a new Homage for me and a Nevo 3 for my wife. We are oldies (71 and 66) and relatively new to Ebiking. Early in the spring we purchased Gazelles but we have discovered that local country roads in our area are in really rough shape and we also would like to do some gravel paths and gentle trails. The Gazelles are very capable machines but have very limited suspension and are more suited to good roads. The narrow tires also tended to dig in in soft sand causing instability. We have loved ebiking so decided to make the change. I would have liked for both of us to get full suspension bikes but my wife is short (5 foot 1 and a bit...) and there are no full suspension step through bikes in the small sizes. I am hopeful that the combination of bigger tires, front suspension and a thud buster will make a significant difference for her.

Both bikes are white and have Vario drive trains and Nyon displays I have opted for the single 625 battery but the only available battery in the small size Nevo is 500. We both will have the standard tires (may change if we do more off road stuff) and I have ordered mine with the dropper post. The bikes apparently will be built sometime in October and we have opted for air shipping (another ding to the inheritance) so hopefully will see the bikes here in Vancouver in early November. In past years we usually leave Vancouver in November and spend the winter in the California desert but with the border being currently closed and all the uncertainty we expect to spend at least the first few winter months in rainy Vancouver. Next investment will be good quality winter bike gear.

I have read extensively and learned much on these forums. There are some extremely knowledgeable folks here who share willingly and I much appreciate that. I expect to learn more hope to be able to contribute as I get more experience on the bike.

The general tone and conversation here is much more civil than some other forums that I frequent - particularly the Harley Davidson one. (If you ever want to be both amused and dismayed I suggest you take a visit to their Political forum.......)

I have to give a big shout out to Kelly at Citrus Cycles in Ladysmith BC Kelly @ CitrusCycles.ca He is extremely knowledgeable, efficient and customer oriented. We have found it well worth taking the two hour ferry each way to visit his store and I recommend him highly. In contrast I am still waiting for the local Gazelle and R&M dealer to return my multiple calls and emails from the Spring
Peter, Congratulations! Could you please post the spec of 2021 Homage? Is Fox suspension upgrade available? Thanks!

Great to hear that you are spending your children's inheritance...I am another Vancouverite and just placed an order for a Mulitcharger Mixte Vario but been advised that it may come later than the other models. The frame with lower cross bar (Mixte models) are slated for later production so I can expect a 4-5 month wait.

You so right about Kelly's YouTube video's and his knowledge but I decided to support a local guy in town (Cit-E-Cycles).

Great to hear that you are spending your children's inheritance...I am another Vancouverite and just placed an order for a Mulitcharger Mixte Vario but been advised that it may come later than the other models. The frame with lower cross bar (Mixte models) are slated for later production so I can expect a 4-5 month wait.

You so right about Kelly's YouTube video's and his knowledge but I decided to support a local guy in town (Cit-E-Cycles).

You will have to be patient but the yvr weather isn’t exactly conducive to bike riding In the winter so that will help.

I had no joy with Cit E Cycles. I sent them a long email early in the spring and never got a response. Tried leaving a phone message with similarly no response. Finally got hold of of someone on the phone who promised to check on the availability of the bikes we were interested but I never heard back. They appeared to have absolutely no interest in my $20k bike order. I contacted Kelly at Citrus and the experience has been totally different despite him being very busy.

I’m glad you were successful with Cit E and I hope you enjoy your bike when it arrives.

I had the same feeling as you regarding Cit-E-bikes but Doug the sales person was engaging. Kelly was excellent and responded to my email inquiries in a prompt matter. Even on a Sunday!

But I just wanted to patronize a local dealer. So hopefully I have favourable experiences with them but knowing myself once the bike leaves their shop were done. I like to figure things out myself and after building a couple of e-bikes, I think I would be able to handle the routine maintenance on the R&M.

I was able to check the status of our bikes ordered on August 31.

Your Nevo3 GT vario is expected to be produced between October 26th, 2020
and October 30th, 2020.

Your Homage GT vario is expected to be produced between November 2nd, 2020 and November 6th, 2020.

IF there are no delays my Wife’s Nevo is on schedule and mine is a week or so ahead of schedule. Air shipping should take another week or two so we should have both bikes by the third week of November

The weather here will be pretty crappy by then but as doing our usual winter in California is looking highly unlikely I am determined to get some rain gear and put some miles on these bikes.

So Peter how did you check your order? I assume Kelly gave you your Configuration code (long 15 character) and you registered with R&M. I see on their webpage you can check orders. With Cit-E I gave them the document that I printed out so maybe I should copy this code down and then I can check it myself.

You are right about Cit-E. They don't respond to emails and when I call they seem too busy to respond this way as well.

I asked about adding the panniers to my Mulitcharger Mixte Vario order and they didn't seem very receptive to altering the order. If R&M is a time to manufacturer assembly line that means you should be able to alter an order. If its computerized, these requests should be trivial. This is what happen to me when I ordered an BMW i3.

I changed my mind on the options (adding and not removing) and pestered the sales person to change the order. It was done 3 months after I placed the order and no problems when I got the car.

Good news/ bad news...

Good news - My wife’s Nevo shows that it was due to be made earlier than expected ”between October 12th, 2020 and October 16th, 2020” versus October 26 and October 30th - so two weeks early. Kelly from Citrus expects it be in his shop in a week or so.

Bad new - My Homage is delayed two weeks and now is scheduled to be made between November 23rd and November 27th. Probably won’t see it till mid November

in the meantime I have kept busy buying a new SUV so we can haul the bikes when necessary ......

Question of curiosity: Has any of R&M e-bike owners got the bike with Bosch ABS? I'm very curious about it.

More bad news on my Homage
Checked today and there now a much longer delay

Your Homage GT vario is expected to be produced between December 21st, 2020 and December 25th, 2020.​

Bummer!

Well then you should check to see if the BC sales tax reduction applies to you purchase. The NDP government has promised to remove the 7% PST on e-bikes after the election. So I would ask Kelly regarding the details because if you haven't taken delivery. Then hopefully the sales tax changes will occur in the new year (Jan1, 2021). That will be about $700 - $800 savings.

Back